Flatbreads and Tortillas ...Fans? Ideas

Options
janna674
janna674 Posts: 410 Member
I am a huge fan off flatbreads and tortillas...me and my husband will have wraps several times a week for dinner...

so far this week we have had Turkey Bacon, Romaine, Tomato, lo cal cheese with some lite mayo on a flatbread
the whole thing is huge and its 290 calories
then tonite we had Flatbread with a 3 oz hamburger, low cal cheese, romaine and tomato, with a homemade russian (ketchup&lite mayo) ...its almost like a diet big mac...so good. around 320 calories

i make a homemade coleslaw made with splenda , coleslaw is super low cal and delicious,,,i put horseradish in it to give it a kick, there a millions of recipes for it ...we have that on the side with whatever "wrap" we are having
you can even put the coleslaw in the wrap with some turkey or any thing really...its delicious

if you are busy like me...these are fast to make too...and easy to shop for since you are resusing many of the ingredients.

We have used frozen chicken strips, coldcuts, even made pizza with these flat out flatbreads ...for 90 cals they are thick and delicious

What Wraps do you like??? ...i would love to hear some ideas

Replies

• aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    bump
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend, a pizza addict, makes his own healthier version on a tortilla. He uses the tomato sauce, low fat cheese, turkey bacon and cooks it. It comes out crispy and is only about 300 calories which he loves...
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    i love la tortilla factory low fat low carb for any wrap and burrito. it is great on calories too and i don't notice too much of a difference. I also love mission extra thin corn tortillas for quick anything (grilled fish tacos is a quick favorite). I buy whole wheat pita and stuff with salad and once they get hard I add olive oil and spices and bake them to make pita chips. in short they are great for budgets and health
  • cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    I had a wrap tonight. I get the Ole Xtreme wellness tortillas. 71 calories for a good sized tortilla.

Tonight's was grilled marinated chicken breast and 1 c. spinach inside. The chicken was soooooo yummy that's all it needed.

I like to make breakfast burritos with mine too.

Sometimes I'll put some deli meat and spinach in it with a touch of mayo. I used to like pickle in it, but that's so high in sodium...

I've made delicious pizzas with both flatbread (I get the Flat Out brand) and tortillas.
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the flat out flatbreads and I'm a huge tortilla junky. I bought whole wheat tortillas when I went shopping but haven't tried them yet. I love to put ANYTHING in a wrap. Im a big BLT girl, turkey and chipotle sauce, etc. One thing I like it Grapes and walnuts with shredded chicken and a little light mayo.. maybe that's a new one for you. I'm sure you could find TONS of them online too. Yummmmmm
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I used to make tons of those tortilla pizzas! Now i'm addicted to Josef's Flax Pockets. I like to make scrammy egg whites with some veggies in em and feta cheese, yummo!
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    Options
    I like scrambled egg/eggwhites with lite cheese...maybe some green pepper and onion... a little salsa...breakfast burrito. You could add some turkey or canadian bacon. I use the La Tortilla smart health wraps...yummy!
  • msheldon88
    msheldon88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    thanks for the ideas. I'll have to try some of them. They sound yummy!
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast for dinner! I eat mine with eggs scrambled with salsa, low fat cheese, and Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles. I like them with a side of extra salsa and greek yogurt (as a sour cream sub).