I've been here for a while, just never posted!

MissingMyOldSelf
MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! My name is Kelly, obviously ;) I'm here because I'm a lap band patient, and I found out about 2 months ago from my surgeon that I have a leak in my band, and it's not a surgery that's covered under my insurance. So, I can either pay the $8K to have it fixed (and possibly have it happen again), or I can really stay on the right track, and get the motivation and support that I need to lose my unwanted weight!

I'm currently *as of yesterday* at 204. My goals are at 5 lb increments, where I treat myself either to a small shopping spree. But my ultimate goal is 150.

I guess I've been somewhat obsessed about my weight and very discouraged because I had a father who wouldn't know really how to word things, and kept telling me how fat I was getting. I think it was just his way of telling me to watch myself, and I never realized how bad I got. So, I lost 30 lbs with the band, and I want to continue on!

Replies

• skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    I hope you find success here. It's good that you finally posted because there are a lot of people here that can relate to you and have been through similar things...I hope you keep posting because support is so important!
  • imeldita1
    imeldita1 Posts: 3
    You can do it! The motivation and perserverance is there! Much Luck!
  • HappyRN
    HappyRN Posts: 27 Member
    You will do it!! Good luck!
  • krystleRD
    krystleRD Posts: 188 Member
    HEY Kelly... Sorry your Lap ban didnt work out right. About 2 months ago I turned down the lap ban , because of everything you had to do with it. my first month on MFP I lost 27lbs and 12 inches, I am now in my 2nd month and I can tell a difference in my mood, my activity and how i feel.. You can add me if you like , and ill motivate you and be here if you ever need to talk with someone..
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Thank you all so much :) You're all so wonderful!!

It helps me to know that I can come here and post and get all the support that you guys can give!

It might be silly to some, but I weigh myself every monday to make sure that I'm on the right track, and for the past 2 weeks, I've lost 2 lbs each weigh in... and that is keeping this motivation going!!!! :)
  • travishein
    travishein Posts: 78
    Hey there, welcome. I've been forging ahead on the slow but steady for a couple years. Consistency and keeping at it seems to work for me. I was a stress eater, so would frequently undo any progres i made. I guess i still am, only seem to eat less or better for me foods now. Also have found i can sometimes run or walk now that i have lost a bit of weight instead, so that alternative outlet really helps me. My wife had that lap band thing, so I understand how difficult it can be at times to try to eat normally, and when it was let out later how very different it is to eat regularly again on your own free will. Feel welcome to add me as friend if you like.
This discussion has been closed.