Trick for Overcoming Night Time Snacking

jenwiggins16
jenwiggins16 Posts: 2
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
I don't know about everyone else, but the most difficult part of the day for me (when it comes to sticking with my diet) is in the evening. I'll do great all day, but then when I get home at night, I get the munchies - big time. Here's a trick that really works for me...

When I'm done eating dinner, I'll either brush my teeth or chew a piece of mint gum. Something about that "clean" feeling just signals my body that I'm done eating for the night. And I keep the gum in my pantry closet in my kitchen, so when I'm tempted to grab for some cookies or some other late night snack, the gum is right there to grab instead.

And gum also helps give you the satisfaction of chewing, but you're not blowing your calorie count for the whole day like you would on cookies or some other snack from the kitchen. :)

Replies

• kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    I like it, when I bake something sweet for some one else, which I often do, I have to chew gum to keep myself from sampling, licking the bowl after the cake is frosted etc.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    GREAT tip!!! Night time snacking is tough for me too!
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Fabulous trick! I use it at work so I don't snack on bacon, chocolate chips, crutons, etc.
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    have you tried drinking a protein shake before u go to bed to keep u feeling full. Like a 100% Casein powder. Thats what I take and it makes me feel full and gives my body the amino acids it needs overnight
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Healthy late night snack, maybe?

w220283033.jpg
This discussion has been closed.