no BACON!!

Options
Marla64
Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
Woo hooooo-- I just fried two pounds of bacon for my kids, (a treat for them, believe me, not even close to a "staple" around here) and I made it through without even snitchin' a piece!! I read in someone's thread recently how many calories in one slice and it's sooooooooo not worth it.

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Woo hooooo-- I just fried two pounds of bacon for my kids, (a treat for them, believe me, not even close to a "staple" around here) and I made it through without even snitchin' a piece!! I read in someone's thread recently how many calories in one slice and it's sooooooooo not worth it.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You are a beacon of self-control! NOOOOO way could I resist it's bacony goodness! :laugh: :love:
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Mmmm.............bacon.........

dietcokebacon.jpg
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    haha I def. couldn't resist, I had REAL bacon for the first time in FOREVER last night and it was wonderful!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    You are a beacon of self-control! NOOOOO way could I resist it's bacony goodness! :laugh: :love:

A Beacon for No Bacon!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options

A Beacon for No Bacon!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: I still have to the "real thing" every now and then, despite the calories. I must treat myself for good behavior :tongue: But, I am gonna give morningstar and a few other alternatives a try, though:bigsmile:

Nice self control, I admire that! :drinker: (<
    that's water)
  • Emdicio
    Options
    I frequent 2 other boards (motorcycling sites) where bacon is revered and a regular topic. In a game of one-upmanship, here is one man's sinful creation:

breakfasteh7.jpg

That's 2 grilled cheese sandwiches, made from french toast, surrounding a thick bacon cheeseburger with a glass of Arrogant B*stard Ale as a chaser. It's sacrilicious!!!

Hope I didn't send anyone"over the edge". :laugh: Cheers.....Mike
  • kewright
    kewright Posts: 18
    Options
    Turkey Bacon isn't high calorie & it's actually very good!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I frequent 2 other boards (motorcycling sites) where bacon is revered and a regular topic. In a game of one-upmanship, here is one man's sinful creation:

breakfasteh7.jpg

That's 2 grilled cheese sandwiches, made from french toast, surrounding a thick bacon cheeseburger with a glass of Arrogant B*stard Ale as a chaser. It's sacrilicious!!!

That's just wrong, on soooooo many levels! :laugh:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    that sandwich just hurts to look at. I so want one right now. OK I'm gonna go lift weights and take my mind off of that delicious little piece of carbofat heaven! (that's my new word, carbofat meaning a food that is loaded with simple carbs and saturated fats but is oh so yummy!)
  • Emdicio
    Options
    I know - I've wanted to make this sandwich for over a year but I also want to live to see 50! Bacon is kryptonite at our household; we admire it from afar. :love: :happy:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options

Uck! No offense, but my kids are up for trying new things (thankfully). We decided to try turkey bacon and it smells and looks like those beggin strips they make for dogs, I assume they taste the same too!

We have bacon every now and then and I have managed to still lose weight, count it in your calories and enjoy the good stuff in life. And the good stuff isn't turkey bacon...sends shivers down my spine :noway:
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Uck! No offense, but my kids are up for trying new things (thankfully). We decided to try turkey bacon and it smells and looks like those beggin strips they make for dogs, I assume they taste the same too!

We have bacon every now and then and I have managed to still lose weight, count it in your calories and enjoy the good stuff in life. And the good stuff isn't turkey bacon...sends shivers down my spine :noway:

and here I thought those beggin' strips for dogs (we have some) smelled exactly like real bacon! Haha so much so that my husband bravely tried some to let me know how it tasted. As I remember it, the stuff smells more like real bacon than it tastes like real bacon ;) No surprise there! lol

(side thought: wonder how many calories/fat is in those beggin' strips? ..... ) lol
  • JennyGetsFitness
    Options
    louis rich turkey bacon (reduced Fat) - I live by it!

All taste are aquired!
  • amethystx
    Options
    Posting this pic is meeeeeeeeeeeanjavascript:add_smiley('devil','post_body')
    Devil
    I hope it doesn't put me over the edge. javascript:add_smiley('grumble','post_body')
    Grumble
    Its been so long since I ate anything this bad for me.
  • JennyGetsFitness
    Options
    Posting this pic is meeeeeeeeeeean ...
    I thought so too - bad did not voice it :blushing:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Beggin Strips = Turkey Bacon :noway:

There are just some things you can't substitute in my book and good ol' bacon is one of them, granted, that bacon only sees the inside of our house every 6 months or so. :cry: If it were up to my "can eat anything and not gain an ounce husband and kids" we would have bacon daily! It is definitely a treat.
    :grumble:
  • Shannon023
    Options

HA! You wrote what I was thinking! :laugh:

Only piggy-bacon for me too! :bigsmile:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options

breakfasteh7.jpg

That's just wrong, on soooooo many levels! :laugh:

I might be sick just LOOKING at that. :sick: Ooooohhh, the temptations :devil:
  • Emdicio
    Options
    Posting this pic is meeeeeeeeeeean.... I hope it doesn't put me over the edge.
    Grumble....... Its been so long since I ate anything this bad for me.
    I thought so too - bad did not voice it :blushing:

Sorry, ladies! I see that you have both recently joined - maybe it can be a 20 pound weight loss incentive! :wink: :laugh:

Be strong! :drinker: Mike
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!