Learned about this site through class... im new

Options
emmoen
emmoen Posts: 218 Member
Hello, my name is Erin and I am trying to lose about 15lbs. I was doing good before the holidays I lost about 20lbs but then with the holidays I lost motivation and dedication to my workout program. I no longer have a gym member ship but instead I have P90X videos I am trying to stick to. I think my biggest weakness is food... I love food especially chocolate and fast food... and COKE.... I am addicted to soda and I have been trying to stop drinking soda but I get these terrible headaches without having the caffeine.. so if anyone wants to help me out and keep me motivated I would appreciate comments

Replies

• Runner_mick
    Runner_mick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I get horrible headaches without caffeine too. Switch to diet till and slowly try to limit your intake. I Would rather give up chocolate then my diet coke but I try to limit the amount I drink. As for fast food. Quit it cold turkey and when you start eating good you will realize fast food sounds and tastes gross!! I use to live on the stuff but now my body can tell that its full of grease and fat and rejects it. Your body will learn to start craving the good stuff. Good Luck!
  • MsCracker
    MsCracker Posts: 48
    Options
    Welcome Erin!
    I have considerably more than 15 pounds to lose, but I'm here.
    I totally understand about losing motivation. The people here are wonderful. Jump in with both feet and just do it. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'll do what I can to keep you motivated!

Cherrie
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Welcome Erin!
    I hope this site helps you. I have lost 42 pounds and have about 30 more to go. I love this site. Very easy to use and there is a ton of info here. P90X is crazy. Good luck to you. It is crazy. If you stick with it I am sure that you will lose some weight. As far as soda goes, you have to go through the withdrawals and it will get better. My hubby (at one point) drank 1-2 liters of Mnt. Dew a day. He quit cold turkey and it was hell for him and for me for a couple weeks but we both got through it. You can do it!!! Good luck. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!! :flowerforyou: