Needing Assistance w/Exercise Journal

Options
I workout @ the gym but I don't know the "technical name" for some of the equipment I workout on. How do I find that equipment so I can input it into the exercise journal? Thanks

Replies

• seabuckaroo
    seabuckaroo Posts: 85
    Options
    I may know the names, can you describe the exercise. Also, if you use machines they usually say the proper name on them. Or, you could just log as weight training for a general idea of cals. burned.
  • lerchfighter
    Options
    Uncle Ted doesn't log resistance training, only cardio and only on days when he's hungry. This application is great but it cannot account for how hard you work out doing weights..........oh well.

I'm a P90X/Insanity guy (I alternate the two programs) and there's now way to account for the calories you burn on these programs. The one thing I've come to realize is that even if I hit my calorie goal without accounting for the cardio I've done, my weight doesn't move. When I give myself a burn of 500-1000 calories for the P90X/Insanity workout and eat accordingly, I lose my weight ahead of schedule. Bottom line, eat your lean protein on resistance day and don't enter more than about 300 calories for your input. On cardio, enter Jumping Jacks or playing a game of basketball based on your honest assesment of your effort and you'll be fine.

U-Ted
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If it is all weight training (not elliptical or treadmill type machines), the trainer I work out with said you can figure between 300 to 500 per hour, depending on how hard you work. I just log it all in one big lump.... strength training I think, and manually enter at least 300. Sometimes you just have to estimate. I guess you can get a heart rate monitor for a better idea, but I have not done that yet.