I hate shorter days

Options
I work full time, so I just love summer; because when I get home from work I still have a few hours of day light in which I can work with my horses ( I break and train my own, very physical). In the summer it stays light till 9 or 10 in the evening, Now it is starting to get dark at 8. And it won't be long till get starts getting dark at 6, then we'll have daylight savings and it will be dark at 5. In turn that means no horses except on the weekends, which in turn means I will be burning very few calories everyday and I'm going to have to start actually exercising, which we live in a very, very rural area with no gyms or health clubs, and we live 14 miles out in the country with no street lights. So my choices of exercise are exercise DVD's or buy some expensive equipment that I can't afford. Any body feel sorry for me? I'm so not an indoor person and I'm just cringing at the thought of having to do those tapes.

Replies

• Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I work full time, so I just love summer; because when I get home from work I still have a few hours of day light in which I can work with my horses ( I break and train my own, very physical). In the summer it stays light till 9 or 10 in the evening, Now it is starting to get dark at 8. And it won't be long till get starts getting dark at 6, then we'll have daylight savings and it will be dark at 5. In turn that means no horses except on the weekends, which in turn means I will be burning very few calories everyday and I'm going to have to start actually exercising, which we live in a very, very rural area with no gyms or health clubs, and we live 14 miles out in the country with no street lights. So my choices of exercise are exercise DVD's or buy some expensive equipment that I can't afford. Any body feel sorry for me? I'm so not an indoor person and I'm just cringing at the thought of having to do those tapes.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    How about I take over your full time job, you work the horses, then on the weekends you let me work with the horses??? :tongue:

I do feel for you, though I am so so so jealous of you getting to work with horses.:laugh:

I have no doubt you'll find a way to keep moving. videos, walks, any movement what-so-ever is great.

Best of luck!!
    M
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    I don't have a perfect solution but here goes:

Cheap, home made exercise equipment.
    jump rope
    step (buy super cheap at a thrift store, make your own?)
    look on craigslist and freecycle and your local papers for cheap weights, etc.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel about the area you live in. I live in a small mountain town so I cant even get out and walk on my road because of all the curves and the worry of someone not seeing me. I walk laps around my house if I dont go to the park to walk. I just bought taebo yesterday and have the biggest loser dvds coming in the mail. I have a 13 mth old who is attached to me big time so I dont even have a baby sitter to go to the rec center to work out and my hubby works 6 days a week and has been working late all the time lately. Just wanted to vent with you LOL. Hope you didnt mind.

Connie

86258.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    You and Me both, However, I do enjoy the cooler nights :smile: