Sugar

Options
Katrob9
Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
Hi everyone,

I'm pretty good at avoiding the sweets and cakes etc most of the time, but I am still way over on my sugar intake most days. The sugar is coming from fruit, cereal, milk etc. Should I be trying to avoid those types of food or should I keep on as I am even though I'm going over the sugar intake?

Thanks!

Kat x

Replies

• sd892310
    sd892310 Posts: 151
    Options
    Hi,

I don't have an answer to this, but wanted to post as I too seem to be going over my sugars a lot and mine are for the same things, and i don't know if i should be avoiding them.

Hopefully someone will have the answers for us!
    x
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Your body needs balance so I would think that moderate sugar intake as well as fats, proteins, etc. are essential to body function. Check with suggested dietary intake from government orhealth organizations
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i switched from regular sugar to like sweet and low or splenda and just took less. my friend cut out sugar altogether but there is no way i can do that.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the big deal is with sugar. Obviously refined white sugar isn't great, but I have decided I couldn't care less if I am going over on naturally occurring fruit sugars, and have switched off my monitoring of it. There are bigger things to worry about. As long as I stay under my total calories and sat fat limits, I don't mind.
  • markomark
    markomark Posts: 22
    Options
    I am the same. I switched off my sugars and decided it was more important to keep within the limits so if I am under on carbs I couldn't care less. I eat a lot of fruit and it is stupid to try to cut out fructose. Its cutting your nose off to spite your face. Natural sugars in fruits are fine by me, as you say, plenty of more important things to worry about and I wouldn't want to lose all the benefits of fruit!

Mark
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I am the same. I switched off my sugars and decided it was more important to keep within the limits so if I am under on carbs I couldn't care less. I eat a lot of fruit and it is stupid to try to cut out fructose. Its cutting your nose off to spite your face. Natural sugars in fruits are fine by me, as you say, plenty of more important things to worry about and I wouldn't want to lose all the benefits of fruit!

Mark

Ditto
    I do the exact same thing/s!!!!
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hurray! I think I'll do that too because I love fruit and am feeling guilty eating it now! :) Thanks guys
  • kezereth
    kezereth Posts: 41
    Options
    The way i see it is, if i'm not snacking on fruit i would be snacking on rubbish things, so it's the lesser of two evils!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Between fruit and pom bears, I'd rather have fruit. Well, no, actually, I'd rather have pom bears, but the fruit is healthier!