5/4 Mini Challenge for all GET FOCUSED IN MAY Challenge Part

Options
As Director of Communications for the LEE FOR PRESIDENT campaign, I have been tasked to convey to everyone participating in the GET FOCUSED IN MAY challenge today's mini challenge. Today's Get Focused in May mini challenge is as follows:

Add a little piece of extra exercise that is part of daily life; for example, using stairs rather than the elevator at work, parking remotely when running errands, or walking somewhere you might drive. Also, this exercise MUST NOT be logged into your exercise diary.

After you have done so, post a reply to this thread saying you have accomplished this goal and share what it is you did to accomplish this task. It is a requirement to post whether or not you accomplished this mini challenge.

~*.*~♥Violette♥4Ever♥~*.*~
(This message has brought to you by the LEE FOR PRESIDENT campaign)

Replies

• AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Oh this one is going to be a challenge. My building has no stairs. I am already at work and parked in my usual spot. I have to work through lunch so not going out. Hummmmmmmmm. I have to think about how to do this one. Any suggestions welcome! :frown:
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Oh this one is going to be a challenge. My building has no stairs. I am already at work and parked in my usual spot. I have to work through lunch so not going out. Hummmmmmmmm. I have to think about how to do this one. Any suggestions welcome! :frown:

I'm in the same boat as you AdoraK. I'm already at work parked in my usual spot with no stairs. I do have to go out at lunch, but just stop at one spot with a small small parking lot. Maybe I'll do something extra at home. My driveway is 1/10th of a mile long. I think I'll wak down and get the mail instead of stopping when I pull into the driveway. Hmmm?!?!?
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I already park far away and take the stairs. Hmmm... does smacking my employee's count as extra exercise? I usually praise them, but a challenge is a challenge! LOL kidding, I'll park at the back of the whole foods parking lot when I go there to get my salad today!
  • cc2r1511
    cc2r1511 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Parked further away from the gym and walked! But I got caught in the rain on my way back!
    Done!
  • deb968
    deb968 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Already at work in the same boat as others. No stairs etc... I will find something before this raining day is over! : /
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Will do....I think I will park in the far lot when I go to the gym tonight.
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    ♥Violette♥4Ever♥ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My plan for today is to use the stairs rather than the elevator and I parked a distance from my office building.
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    I had to pop out to the store for some forgotten items, so I walked instead of taking the car this time.... and carried the bags back home with me. And just for a little added fun I ran up and down my stairs in my house 50 times and WOW I was totally out of breath.

GREAT CHALLENGE TEAM!!!
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    In the same boat as most....parked usual spot, no stairs, raining etc. I do have a weighted jump rope in my purse I will do some jumping rope in a locked conference room on my break, and tonight going to the movies I will park far OH OH OH heres a good one for me! I will not ask my son or husband to get me a drink of water, the remote, my nail polish remover, etc....I will get off my buns and get anything I need MYSELF...my servants will get a break! YEAH!!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Have to get creative, I'm already parked and not leaving for lunch, I always take the stairs at work and always walk everywhere once I get home(store, errands, etc). Maybe I'll use the first floor bathroom today....nice idea Bynsky.
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Okay no stairs and its pouring today so Im not walking in the rain......Everytim I go to pull a chart for a patient I do 20 jumping jacks....im up to 120 so far.....Damn im beat....and I stil have how many hours left today.....LOL
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Walked up 14 flights of stairs to my office and will do again at lunch
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hmm I have to think what to do....but will do
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I parked a distance from my office today, took the long way to the office, and will do the same through out the day. The shortest distance between my office and anything I need to do today will not be taken. *whispers ~ people in this building already think I am a little odd, what is one more oddity in my routine* :wink:
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Already done ... using the downstairs facilities for the day... two stories up and two stories down! =) BTW LKMMOM, love the jumping jack idea, very creative!
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I walked the stairs today :) I am on the third floor of a government building and I usually take the elevator mainly because I'm in heels but not today!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, I just joined...

I walked around my entire school building 4 times today looking for my husband, so I inadvertently did this one! :smile:
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I walked up and down the stairs in my work - 300 stairs during my lunch hour. :)
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    bump