Sometimes, it's the little things...

Options
Sometimes, it's the little things that keep you going. I've been having a really rough couple of plateau weeks...i change my foods...i upped my calories for a couple days...i increased my water...increased my exercise...and the scale remains the same. Today i was in the spare closet, looking for wrapping paper, and came across a stack of my summer clothes from 3 years ago, when i was at my thinnest. I had gained 50 pounds since then and none of them had fit, but i couldn't force myself to throw them out just yet. Today i saw my favorite item, my dark pink Adidas running jacket, and decided to try it on. I LIVED in that jacket 3 summers ago... 2 months ago i couldn't even get it on over my stomach and arms....today not only can i put it on, it zips! and fits! i still see "too fat" when i look in the mirror, but the truth is, that i could wear it if i wanted to. I'm hoping that in the coming months, those things will start to fit better and better. And, hopefully, a positive body image will come along with it!

Replies

• anbrowni
    anbrowni Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thats so true! Sometimes you forget how far you have come! Congrats on your progress! :smile:
  • tobitude
    tobitude Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Things like that are better encouragement than a loss on the scale!!!!
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    Woohoo!! I had one of those moments this morning too... I hadn't really noticed how much I'd gained in the past year until January when I tried on a skirt that I hadn't worn in a long time and I couldn't get it on. That was the wake-up call to get my butt in gear. This morning, I pulled it out of the closet and it's even a little big.

I know it's hard to gage progress outside that number on the scale, but celebrate every victory! If nothing else, it's motivation to keep going. Don't get frustrated - keep putting in the work, and the scale will respond eventually.

So proud of you - you're doing great! :)