question about polar ft4 HRM

Options
ANeWcRe8N
ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
Wasnt sure what section to post this on but was just wondering for those who have this HRM.. are any of having the problem with your heart rate jumping from a high number to low number all of a sudden and back n forth during workout? Mine seems to be doing this and Im not sure if it can be the battery or just a defect on the monitor alone...:frown: TIA

Replies

• FatBastard6135
    Options
    The only time I normally have a problem with my HRM, is when the chest transmitter doesn't have a good connection to me. I will typically wet it and then workout ... Try it, and if it doesn't work contact Polar :smile:
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    How long have you had it? Mine does this if it's not on tight enough sometimes. If you've had it 1.5+ yrs, it may be time for a new battery.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    Options
    I haven't had it for too long.. couple months maybe. Thanks, Im going to try wetting it when I use it cause I do notice it does kind of loosen up when working out :)
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Wasnt sure what section to post this on but was just wondering for those who have this HRM.. are any of having the problem with your heart rate jumping from a high number to low number all of a sudden and back n forth during workout? Mine seems to be doing this and Im not sure if it can be the battery or just a defect on the monitor alone...:frown: TIA

How old is it? Are you sure it's the monitor and not your heart? Your battery might need to be replaced if it's older.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    Options
    I dont think its my heart (hope not).. I can be working hard and be at about 150 and then it would go down to 80's or 90's.. so I know its got to be the monitor but like the others mentioned it can be the connection from the chest strap so going to try wetting it cause I have noticed that i have to keep tightening it or puling it up from it loosening while jumping up and down lol. Thanks everyone :) OH and I've had it for about 2-3 months
  • kcphilly
    kcphilly Posts: 71
    Options
    What type of exercise are you doing when it happens? Cause I notice when I do a DVD at home, if I'm doing floor exercises my HR goes down quite a bit and then as soon as I stand up it jumps up about 30 beats.
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You need to wet it.... I have the same one and if it's not wet it doesn't get a good connection!!! And don't worry about hurting it, the directions even tell you to rinse the whole thing out when done anyway so they are made to get wet!!! The have special stuff to put on there, but water works just fine.