jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
Share with me your favorite quotes!

Replies

• AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    "For every minute you're angry you loose 60 seconds of happiness..."
    "Its never too late to be what you could have been..."
    "The mountain isnt going to get smaller only because you keep postponing the trip.."

Not sure who said them all though
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    There's no chemical drug out there that can reproduce the feeling you have of achieving your own goals - Greg Plitt
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    You cannot have a positive life with a negative mind ~ Get your mind right!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Do or do not, there is no try.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Do or do not, there is no try.

Love this qoute! Use it all the time!
  • grapefruitluv
    Options
    "When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied." — Herophilus
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    After being told he was surrounded by the chinese
    "Great now we can attack in any direction."
    LtGen Lewis "Chesty" Puller USMC

A man who holds a hot coal to throw at his enemy, burns only himself.
    no idea where I got this

An old fable about Einstein says that aftee being asked his phone number he reached for the phone book, the person remarked "you're the smartest person on earth and can't remember your phone number?" Einstein replied "my dear why must I remember it when I know where to find it"
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 469
    Options
    "The rest is silence."

- William Shakespeare, Hamlet
  • CanongateRob
    CanongateRob Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    "If you ain't first, you are last."

Ricky Bobbie
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    An old fable about Einstein says that aftee being asked his phone number he reached for the phone book, the person remarked "you're the smartest person on earth and can't remember your phone number?" Einstein replied "my dear why must I remember it when I know where to find it"

Another story I heard about Einstein is that when he took the bus, which he always did, he would always pull a hand full of change from his pocket and hold it out to the bus driver to pull out the correct change. The reason for this I heard was because he was always thinking and didn't want to break his concentration to count it out.
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what other people say you cannot do.

Don't insult the alligator until after you cross the river.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Lincoln

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. -Twain

It's not against the law to be a dumbass, but some people exploit the privelege. - my paramedic instructor
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    for dieting: "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels... except chocolate cake and pizza. - what? They taste really good."
    okay, I may have changed that a bit :) hehe

for life: "He has told you... what is good. And what is Jehovah asking back from you but to exercise justice and to love kindness and to be modest in walking with your God?” Micah. 6:8

funny quote (yes, my nerd is showing): "Theres no point crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying until you run out of cake. ... and there's research to be done on the people who are still alive."
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My Favorite Albert Einstein Quotes:

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Life's a garden, dig it. :wink:
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    It is good to obey all the rules when you're young, so you'll have the strength to break them when you're old. - Mark Twain

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    My Favorite Albert Einstein Quotes:

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Like them all !
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    "If you ain't first, you are last."

Ricky Bobbie

LOL ...this is sooo you !
  • 1ArmyMom1
    1ArmyMom1 Posts: 94
    Options
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world" ~ Gandhi