how to get in some extra calorie burn...

Options
I like to multitask with just about everything I do, so burning calories is no exception to this rule. When I brush my teeth or blow dry my hair, for instance, I'm doing squats, LOL. I do the more routine tricks, too, like taking stairs rather than elevator, parking far away from the building instead of circling the parking lot for 10 minutes just to get a spot close to the door, etc.

What little things do you do through the day to keep the blood flowing and the calories burning?

Replies

• CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Oh, I also do high knee lifts when I'm doing the dishes. LOL
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    when watching movies or tv with the fam I turn on the wii fit free step, or bounce on a stability ball.
  • tracylesq
    tracylesq Posts: 12
    Options
    I sometimes jog in place while I brush my teeth. I also park far away, both for fitness and to protect my car from dings.

I wish there were things I could do while at my desk at work. Suggestions?
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Get a yoga ball to sit on instead of a chair. You might look like the office dope, but you'll be strengthening your core while the rest of the office chubbies sit around getting fatter and weaker ;)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I just did squats this morning while doing my hair. My husband laughs but hey it works!!!