Newbie Here!

Options
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Nikki. I am a happily married mom of two girls. I recently started my journey to healthy living. I have tried about every fad diet out there with some success and then gained weight back. I am tired of doing it - so I am choosing to live a healthy life, which to me means:

1. Eat Healthy Foods Everyday
2. Eat Not So Healthy Foods Only Occasionally
3. Exercise Every Day (even if its just a quick walk)
4. Drink lots of water
5. Get Plenty of Sleep
6. Play With My Kids

I think if I can reasonably achieve those goals - I will reach my goal :) My eating habits right now are essentially calorie restriction - but I am making sure the foods I eat while restricting my calories are good for me and keep me full. For breakfast today I had a banana, 1/2 cup strawberries, and a cheese stick. For lunch I will have a veggie omelet, cucumber slices and cottage cheese. For dinner, I will have a small grilled chicken breast, baked sweet potato, and peas. I have built in snacks today of strawberries and an apple. My calories are still under 1200 for the day - so I will need to find something low cal to snack on (probably cucumbers - I can't ever get enough of em, lol). Anyway -so that is me and my goal in a nutshell. Thanks for reading and good luck to all of you on your journey!!!

Replies

• deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome! You'll love it here...lots and lots of support and motivation. Your goals are feasible and I know that YOU can do it. Feel free to add me. :)
  • jmcjamie
    jmcjamie Posts: 82
    Options
    hello you can add me seems we have similar goals have great new healthy life!
  • Nikki_GodzPrincess
    Options
    Hi & welcome!!!! Feel free to add me. I can always have more people to encourage and vice versa :)
  • TinaHall1228
    Options
    Just wanted to say hello and good luck on your weight loss . I have 4 sweet kids and since i have started my weight loss on here in late feb , I love to get out and play and i can do it now without being out of breath or hurting every where ! I wish you the best of luck and so much more .
  • Philnikki
    Philnikki Posts: 3
    Options
    thank you so much!!! that is my mine driving force behind doing this - to be a better mommy for my girls :) I am so glad its getting easier for you!!! That's fantastic!