I eat Fish for Breakfast

Options
I was wondering if I am the only person that does this. I don't really like traditional breakfast foods so I just make what its considered lunch/dinner food for breakfast. Is there anyone else out there like me?

Replies

• Last_15
    Last_15 Posts: 129
    Options
    I eat soup for breakfast and love it:bigsmile:
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    In Japan, the traditional breakfast is fish, rice and miso soup. I"m part Japanese, and do eat fish for breakfast every once in a while.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    That's actually common in a lot of parts of the world.

Growing up we would have Salmon croquettes for breakfast.
  • georgiagorwell
    Options
    You, me and the entire populations of Japan and Korea!
  • Slaying_All_Day
    Slaying_All_Day Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes, but not recently.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm much for traditional breakfast either....
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I ate fish for breakfast. Usually , baked in the oven.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I love fish any time of the day. My breakfast is normally tuna melts. Today it was tuna mix with salsa and blue tortilla chips.
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    If I had the time and motivation to prepare it in the mornings, I so would! I love fish.
  • Fridayss
    Fridayss Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have had baked fish for breakfast. Thanks
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    i've done it before.

I usually like breakfast food, but a change never hurts.
  • Fridayss
    Fridayss Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new how do you get your Ticker to come up?
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Since doing MFP, I've switched to more traditional breakfast things such as yoghurt and muesli (I suspect the change in weather has something to do with it), but I have been known to eat all manner of things which would normally be considered 'dinner foods' for brekkie! It's bizarre that some people find it an odd thing to do, when the English breakfast is essentially a dinner!

Fish is also a traditional part of an English breakfast; kippers, and smoked haddock come to mind (kedgeree - a hangover from the days of the British Raj).
  • achojnacki
    achojnacki Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon or white fish isn't weird for breakfast(traditionally), eat whatever you want. I love eggs and kashi cereal for dinner.
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I don't like most traditional breakfast foods either, so I usually just heat up dinner leftovers for breakfast.
  • TheGoktor
    Options
    Hello I am new how do you get your Ticker to come up?

You want the BB code, not the HTML - just copy and paste it into your signature as before.
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm from the South so you know its mostly grits, eggs, biscuits or something like that. Most people think I'm nuts.
  • TheGoktor
    Options
    I'm from the South so you know its mostly grits, eggs, biscuits or something like that. Most people think I'm nuts.

To me it makes far more sense to have something healthy and sustaining in the morning, than a soggy bowl of sugar-flavoured lumps**, swimming in milk, which won't keep you satisfied for long at all. Or something loaded with fat.

** Yes, I know that sometimes they can be yummy soggy, lumps, but even so...!

ETA: I love your avatar - reminds me of a Tretchikoff painting!
  • newbeautifulme
    Options
    I love salmon for breakfast. Great with eggs or on a bagel.
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

To me it makes far more sense to have something healthy and sustaining in the morning, than a soggy bowl of sugar-flavoured lumps**, swimming in milk, which won't keep you satisfied for long at all. Or something loaded with fat.

** Yes, I know that sometimes they can be yummy soggy, lumps, but even so...!

ETA: I love your avatar - reminds me of a Tretchikoff painting!

Thanks for the compliment!