Realistic....

Options
gec1266
gec1266 Posts: 201 Member
Good morning all. I started out on this journey to lose weight and become fit just like everyone else. So I became fanatical and tried to lose a million pounds in 10 minutes. From not eating correctly to over training,I was doing everything WRONG. One day a light bulb turned on and just said..Be Realistic!! So I scoffed at first thinking that I was doing everything properly and when I found out that I was killing myself for .2 pounds of weight loss,I gave in and tried a new way. So I went into the runners mode of eating several small meals throughout the day to speed up my metabolism. Adding in,a fitness routine that centers around spin classes (if you haven't tried them...give it a shot...they are intense!) and elliptical cross training and as of 1/19/2011 I have lost a total of 25 pounds. I still have a few more to go but staying withing this regime I should hopefully hit my goal of 35 pounds in a few weeks. Thank you to everyone who posts on here. Your stories are an inspiration and motivation to never give up and just push through. I wish you all the best as you continue to press on to your goals!!!

Replies

• mseab71
    mseab71 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weightloss and good luck on the rest of your weightloss endeavors!!
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    That's fantastic! I think a lot of people, myself included, want results too fast, and end up sabotaging themselves. Keep up the good work....I"m still waiting for my lightbulb. :happy:
  • Merodie
    Merodie Posts: 21
    Options
    great post!!!!!!!! great inspiration!!!!! Luck to you :happy:
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    fantastic! yes it would be great if it all fell off immediately but like you we are all learning and striving to be healthy! congrats on your weight loss!
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! I also did the same thing when I started and when I realized that I wasn't eating enough I was heasitant to start eating more and working out less. It didn't make any sense to me but ended up dropping the weight.
  • gec1266
    gec1266 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    *I meant to write...I started this journey on 1-19-2011 and as of 5-4-2011 I have lost a total of 27 pounds...oops...lol
  • jennykcmo
    jennykcmo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, thank you for this post. I, too, have been realizing that it's just about being realistic, reasonable and doing the right thing day after day after day! It's hard to keep the faith and stick with it but it does seem to work :)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    great job! i try to keep my goals realistic too so i won't just get frustrated and give up :) thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!