Waiting....not WINNING

Options
Ok....so going on my 3rd week w/MFP and starting to get a little discouraged. I lost 11 lbs my first week and a half, yahoo to that! BUT! for this last week and a half NOTHING!!!!! I am eating everything right, exercising 5 times a week 45min to 1 hr at a time. What the heck? My clothes still fit the same, watching sodium, totally gave up caffeine. Do drink on the weekends, one or two drinks only. Just feel like I something should be going on?

Replies

• Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating daily? Are you also eating the exercise calories that you earn when you workout?
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    The exact same thing happened to me, and for the last couple of weeks my scale wouldn't budge. It IS frustrating for sure. I just kept doing what I was doing and today I am down a pound. Hopefully, things are going to start moving again. Just keep it up, don't give up. As long as you are doing everything right, the rest will fall into place. :flowerforyou:
  • cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am just going on my 3rd wee too and i lost 10 pound the first week managed in one day {prob from sodium } to put back 5 pounds and took the whole next weeks to get down that again but finally started losing a bit more you cant expect to lose 11 punds every weeks it is not healthy and was prob all water weight give it time and this will work
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    11 lbs in the first week and half is amazing, now it sounds like your body is taking some time to figure out what is going on. Stick with healthy eating and regular exercise and you will see results - this is about the long term!
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    I know it can get frustrating at times but STICK with it!! 11 pounds is awesome in 3 weeks! Sometimes it takes your body awhile to adjust to the new food/exercise routine and in that time you might not lose but if you stick to the plan the scale will start moving in the right direction!! You can do this, don't give up!! Feel free to add me as a friend, MFP pals are great for support & motivation!!
  • tara4487
    tara4487 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    im also in the same boat and did a messge board about this i lost 28lbs now its seems like im stuck!! i hate it im dong everythikng good so i thought ..every1 told me to switch everythng up eat dffrent things and switch up your exercise rroutine
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Remember you have to give your body time to adjust also. Its in shock. You have totally done a switcha-roo and its in the WTF mode. As long as you are eating properly, exercising, drinking your water and getting some rest you will see some movement. Now of course there are times in our journey where we will need to make adjustments but thats part of the lifestyle. Don't worry to much just yet. Give it another week or two.
  • SweetP88
    SweetP88 Posts: 79
    Options
    Your body is most likely just adjusting to the changes you have made.....keep going...the weight will come off!!
  • Melinda1987
    Melinda1987 Posts: 130
    Options
    When we have a significant amount of weight to lose, that first week or so we will lose quite a bit. Then I think the body takes a breather or something (there's prolly science out there about it). Because I usually either slow way down to a lb a week or plateau. Studies say if you mix things up a bit you can break a plateau though. Do things like try a completely different type of workout. If normally you cycle, try an aerobic dance class or something. Also, one day a week add a few hundred calories to your plan. Just to kinda throw the body a curve ball.
  • Schuky01
    Schuky01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just give it time and stick with it. I have been doing great with my calories, working out 4-5 times a week and my scale has not budged in 3 weeks. I had this happen to me a few months ago and then after a month of not dropping any weight, the scale started to move again. I might not have lost any weight during that time but I dropped from a size 8 to a size 6. Just remember, I would rather have the scale stay still then start climbing upwards again!!!!!
  • Robinludell
    Robinludell Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't eat all of my calories, but most of them. I am never hungry. Thanks to all, I think my body is in total WTF mode.
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Adding that much exercise to your day, while a good thing, can cause you to stop losing initially. Just keep at it, and your body will catch up.