A lightbulb moment! :)

Options
has had an idea!!! *lightbulb* What do u guys think? Right I think we all get a bit too comfortable with the weight loss thing and start sneaking foods back in to our diets without even realising! We all have great intentions when we start and do awesome and loose loads of weight So what Im thinking of doing is: going back to my diary from day one and following it! Just having exactly what is on there! What do u think? This past month has been a bit of a struggle for me so maybe this is the trick? xxx

Replies

• chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    sounds like something worth looking into :)
  • mbuzalski
    mbuzalski Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love that idea. I will look into doing that as well. As an added measure, if I come across something "unhealthy" I can find an alternative. Thanks for the light bulb!!
  • texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    Options
    It is a good idea if your diet was healthy on day one etc...and like another person said (sorry should have quoted) if you do find something unhealthy replace it with something healthy :)
  • avninjalette123
    avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I know I have been eating alot more sweets than when I started. I blame it on Easter though... I must have had one bad craving for candy when I went shopping for our Easter Baskets....I got A bag of mini twix, mini snickers, starburst jelly beans, sour patch jelly beans, caramel eggs, and the chocolate easter bunnys. lol I put them up where I barely ever see them but I snack on them every other day.... GOOD THING I GOT MINIS! LOL once they are gone though, that's it.
  • rmeadows71
    rmeadows71 Posts: 99
    Options
    Sounds like a terrific idea! Might have to give this a try myself!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    sounds great.
    i know i myself have been guilty of doing exactly that in the past... as i became comfortable and time progressed while 'dieting', i would be less vigilant and, as you said, start sneaking in treats to myself more and more and before you knew it i was right back eating as badly as i was before.

(for the record, i no longer 'diet' *L* this is now a lifestyle change in eating for me that will be how i eat for the rest of my life, so that my life will be a long healthy one, hopefully *S*)
  • Kjanthony
    Kjanthony Posts: 39
    Options
    i know exactly what you mean! i find myself doing that and i'm not even hungry and then chastise myself for the next several hours. thanks for the lightbulb!
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    *Bump* That's a GREAT idea
  • dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I know I have been eating alot more sweets than when I started. I blame it on Easter though... I must have had one bad craving for candy when I went shopping for our Easter Baskets....I got A bag of mini twix, mini snickers, starburst jelly beans, sour patch jelly beans, caramel eggs, and the chocolate easter bunnys. lol I put them up where I barely ever see them but I snack on them every other day.... GOOD THING I GOT MINIS! LOL once they are gone though, that's it.

I threatened the Easter Bunny with a shotgun when he came by my house, so fortunately I haven't had too much of a problem with this.
  • sociologygirl
    Options
    I agree with Shelly....its a lifestyle change. I once weighed in at 280lbs, when I graduated HS, and I've found the battle loosing my initial 100lbs first....then loosing and regaining, etc etc.

I'm currently at a point when I realize that some foods are just going to be "off" limits to me 95% of the time...like highly processed carbs, etc. I attempt to eat as close to nature as possible ~~ meaning...more proteins, fresh (or frozen) veggies, fruits, and stay away from all the other stuff in the middle of the groc aisles.

AS for sneaking the other foods in. Well I think we have to induldge ever so often or we'll overdo it if we don't allow ourselves a little something...I know I will tend to binge if I don't allow myself a "little treat" at times. I think its more about not beating yourself up and getting back on the band wagon. The interesting thing I've noticed, is that when I do allow myself those bad foods...I dont' feel as good afterwords...like some of them will sit heavy or make me feel more tired....so I'm finding I'm naturally just starting to avoid them because I dont' like the side affects!!! :)) So I guess its about recognizing how they make you feel too!!

I realize I'm going to always face the food battle....but at least you're realizing the need for change, and doing something about it. I think that's the first and biggest step!!! :))
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Yeah Im glad a few of u r going to try it too :) xxxx
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Going back to the beginning is always a great strategy!

I did this a few weeks ago when I'd stalled out on the scale. I knew when I was really doing well on WW, I could lose an average of 1.5 pounds per week so something was definitely wrong here... With the help of a friend, I figured out how many calories I could have daily to equal approximately what I was given on WW for daily points. Ever since I reset my goal to 1.5 pounds per week, I've been doing much better! I make sure I eat at least my daily goal, plus exercise calories and if I go over a bit, it's no big deal because the deficit is enough to give me plenty of wiggle room (which is basically the same as having weekly alowance points on WW). Yay!
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Interesting idea! BUMP!
  • DRay64
    DRay64 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think thats a great idea.