What is the biggest change?

Options
What did you guys change the most since coming to MFP?

I eat less and workout more.

Replies

• firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options

• faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    I snack less often - snacking was my biggest downfall - and am more conscious of what I put in my mouth. I also work out more frequently, which is to say that I make time to work out at all!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Overall I've become more organized and plan ahead in all areas of my life.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options

I definitely work out more and am more active. I've started jogging and hiking, which I had never done before. And now I think before I eat, which helps me make healthier food choices.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I eat only when necessary.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    NO MORE SODAS

86258.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    My biggest change is giving up pop/soda. I drink water 99% of the time....the only other thing I drink is Crystal Light Go Packets mixed into bottled water. I use to drink a 2 liter of Coke DAILY by MYSELF!:noway:
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Options
    I keep a written list on the kitchen table of what I eat and add it to the MFP site when I get time. I'm careful about snacks. Drink lots of water and green tea. Walk outside 30 minutes in good weather or on the treadmill if it's raining or too hot or too cold. I spend more time in the MFP Community than I do answering regular emails. I find that interacting with other members gives me encouragement and tells me I can DO IT!

OH, one more thing: I wear my pedometer from the time I get dressed until the time I get ready for bed. It's a "talking" one that tells me how many calories I've burned, how many steps and miles I've walked, how many hours, etc. GoWalking Calorie Counter. Cost $13 at WalMart. I started to get the Polar F1 heart monitor, but it was $50+, and I can check my own pulse, I guess....:smile:

I love this Website!!! And I've lost 14 pounds since July 1! :heart:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I move more at work. The dog doesn't want walks anymore, so I walk to offices to ask people questions.

I also (try) to limit all consumption of all things. It's a constant battle, but I want these extra 40 pounds off!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot healthier now (I'm an avid label reader) and I very seldom eat junk snacks anymore. Also I drink water (with those on the go packets) instead of pop.
  • marathongirly
    marathongirly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    An awareness on how fast calories add up ...and how mindless snacking can defeat your progress!
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My knowledge of dieting has grown so much. I'm more aware of things I do and eat. :bigsmile:
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I make better choices every meal because I know I'll log it later. As a result, smaller portions, lower fat/cal choices, more veggies. Baby steps, they're working for me! :drinker:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Well..I'm entering a Triathlon! And charity rides of 60 miles length and up. Never did that before!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    wtg SHORE!
    The biggest change for me is that I am actually trying! lol I'm no longer just shoveling in honey buns and other CRAP. Now I think about every last thing that goes into my mouth and figure on wether or not I REALLY want it. Also...losing almost 60lbs is a huge change! lol :)