Calorie counter watches

Options
Which calorie counter watches or pedometes are better? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• Tacosmamma
    Tacosmamma Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin FR60... I love it... Need the one that includes the chest strap otherwise you have to buy it separately... I just bought one from walmart online but I saw it on a ShopNbc too!
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    My list in order of helpfulness:

Kitchen scale
    HRM WITH A CHEST STRAP!!!
    Pedometer

(I have and use these three extensively!!!)

I find zero value in the HRM watches with just the sensors on a fingerpad thing on the watch. They are no where near accurate and you have to remember to put your fingers on them throughout the workout. Just not good. Save your money up for one with a chest strap even if it takes a few months - you'll be glad you did.
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    I love my polar heart rate monitor
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Oops read the quest wrong - color me embarrassed!

I love my Polar F6 - I believe there is an F4 now that gets great reviews and may be cheaper.

For pedometers, I'd save up for the FitBit - but that's just me!! I find it much more accurate and get so much more from it then the other pedometer's I've tried ---- although it is pricey - you can sometimes find coupons for Best Buy and get 20% off.
  • skramer13
    skramer13 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The Polar F4. You can pick it up for about $90 at Best Buy. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles the more expensive models have, but it does what I need it to do - time/track workouts and monitor my heart rate and calories burned. I love it. :)
  • brittbrat892
    brittbrat892 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! Ill check these all out!