You know you go to the gym a lot when..

andreacord
andreacord Posts: 928
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
1) All the regulars know you
2) All the regulars know what treadmill you like, and leave it for you
3)Friends know exactly where you're going when they see you downtown
4) You're a regular saturday morning for a black coffee at the cafe downstairs.. because you dragged your butt out of bed for your Saturday AM workout
5) The manager has hired you as a summer student.

Sooo happy about the last one :)

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    People see you around town and recognize you from the gym... That is one of my favorites.

congrats on the summer job!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    I've had people come up to me at work and say "Hey.. Don't you go to _____ gym?". Or when you know who's at the gym just by the cars in the parking lot. lol.
  • When people say to me...humm you look so familiar. And you smile and then they say o yea you go to that gym...lol
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    you help open the doors!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    You look forward to people watching, and you have your favorite! (there is one girl who I love her outfits... her shoelaces always match her shirts... I lookforward to seeing her outfits every time I go to the gym.

or You know exactly what tv shows are going to be on the tvs at what time!
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Aw, how sweet that they leave your treadmill open.
    I'll second #s 1, 3, 4, 5 and Gorilla's comment.

Looks like we'll both be working at a gym this summer due to our frequent visits.
    Congrats!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    1. all the regulars know you
    2. the employees know you
    3. the trainers call you by name
    4. the trainers call/text/FB message you when you miss a class
    5. you have the gym phone on speed dial
    6. you have the group fitness class schedule memorized

guilty, guilty, guilty....hahaha and PROUD of it too.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    When people ask you "Where were you" when you missed a day
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    ur friends no longer txt u between the hours of 5 and 8 pm bc they know u are at the gym.
    when ur son now asks to go the y. (he also calls the lady at the front desk grandma lol)
    when u own more workout clothes then u do other clothes.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    When you're hoping your sports bra dries in time for your next workout! (Really, I need to invest in more than one! Washing and drying it everyday is a pain!)
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    bump.... My friends have been trained not to text me during gym time #1 I'm not going to respond and #2 it messes with my tunes!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Friends text or FB you to see what class you're doing at the gym today and want to join you. I feel like the gym class party planner!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    When you're hoping your sports bra dries in time for your next workout! (Really, I need to invest in more than one! Washing and drying it everyday is a pain!)
    i agree with this one! i have two. and since i work out at home for my last workout, i alway just hang it on the fan to dry, and then wear it again that night since nobody will be around to smell me. lol.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    1) All the regulars know you

+

they give you a nod and leave you the hell alone as they know you're not there to faff around...
  • crazymama2two
    crazymama2two Posts: 867
    when im in target and i hear "hi andrews mommy" from another kid in another cart and the mother and i go - "oh hi so you go to work out world too apparently" :)
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    When you phone your sister who goes to the same gym in a different city and realise you've had a 45 minute conversation exclusively about what's available and your different branches, what classes are good, what moves you like etc.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Co-workers check with you before scheduling a meeting to see if it interferes with a workout.

Congrats on your summer job OP!

Karen
  • Jon_Rod
    Jon_Rod Posts: 158
    1. all the regulars know you
    2. the employees know you
    3. the trainers call you by name

Yep, this is me..haha I love it : )
    (I'm a gym rat)
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    i agree with this one! i have two. and since i work out at home for my last workout, i alway just hang it on the fan to dry, and then wear it again that night since nobody will be around to smell me. lol.

I have a gym bag in the back of my car for each class that I am doing that day : )
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Wow that's funny! My friends and I have it plotted out. :)
This discussion has been closed.