Today I weighed 299.8 lbs.

Options
Two years ago I weighed 365 lbs.. Usually because of the great amounts of weight I have to lose I decided to only count one pound at a time, no fractions. (had a big yoyo in between) It's really cute when a child says, "I'm 3 1/2 years old." It's funny when a teen says, "I'm 14 1/2 years old." It doesn't work again until you're 99 1/2 years old. "I'm 32 and a 1/2 years old" sounds, very, very wrong. Well, this morning I got on the scale and weighed 299.8 pounds. I didn't change my weight officially, that will happen when I hit 299, but unofficially the little boy in me is pleased, the baby boomer is reserved (been there, done that) and the cool dude in me is saying, "That's what I'm talking about!" Etymological note: This phrase can be heard in a recording of the (ca.) 1929 Fats Waller song "The Joint is Jumping"."Get rid of that pistol, yeah, get rid of it... yeah... ha ha... that's what I'm talking about..." (from abovementioned recording, spoken)

Replies

• Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    LOL very good point!!! Still... it's damn exciting to see on the scale!
  • Debbisue52
    Debbisue52 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the good work!
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the progress and kudos to you! :-)
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! it's a huge milestone! (I still have to remind myself every day that I'm not over 300lbs anymore.)
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Too funny. That is an awesome accomplishment! Congrats and continued success!
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    good for you!!! I love how you broke that down, so true! However in this case, decimals/fractions are totally worth mentioning!!! I think this should be viewed as a milestone right this minute!!!! You are officially under 300 pounds!!!!!!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    hahaha that's awesome. you made me laugh. keep it up. I'm the same way about not tracking 1/2 pounds. It's a whole pound or nothing!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Way to go brother! I too counted the weight as SOON as I broke the 300 barrier.. I'm honestly thinking when I get close to 200 to get a scale so that 199.999 pounds can be counted too!!!
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Excellent work, sir. Keep it up! I used to be 351 and when I got under 300 I was super elated. I cried when i went under 200. Seriously!
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Two years ago I weighed 365 lbs.. Usually because of the great amounts of weight I have to lose I decided to only count one pound at a time, no fractions. (had a big yoyo in between) It's really cute when a child says, "I'm 3 1/2 years old." It's funny when a teen says, "I'm 14 1/2 years old." It doesn't work again until you're 99 1/2 years old. "I'm 32 and a 1/2 years old" sounds, very, very wrong. Well, this morning I got on the scale and weighed 299.8 pounds. I didn't change my weight officially, that will happen when I hit 299, but unofficially the little boy in me is pleased, the baby boomer is reserved (been there, done that) and the cool dude in me is saying, "That's what I'm talking about!" Etymological note: This phrase can be heard in a recording of the (ca.) 1929 Fats Waller song "The Joint is Jumping"."Get rid of that pistol, yeah, get rid of it... yeah... ha ha... that's what I'm talking about..." (from abovementioned recording, spoken)

Congrats on your accomplishments!!!!

Btw, I heard that line "That's what I'm talking about" in the animated move "Despicable Me" which my family loves - I wonder if it is in reference to the Fats Waller song?? In the movie - they specifically put emphasis on the line, so maybe????

Anyway - l love your attitude!!! Keep working hard ((HUGS))
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    wow impressive congratulations! Very inspiring!
  • brandilea_willoughby
    Options
    congratulations! i wish you continued success :)
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    I'm hoping in 3 or 4 months to be posting this post myself! CONGRATULATIONS!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is very exciting! Good for you!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a lot to be proud of, and those fractions definitely count today :)