skin care product suggestions?

Cait_Sidhe
Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
I've been a faithful user of Dermalogica for many years. But I'm out of my moisturizer and it's just become too expensive for me. Can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative for me?

I am 38, but most people mistake me for being in my mid 20's. I'd like to keep it that way. I do not as yet have any noticable wrinkles or lines, but I'd still like something for when my skin does age. I almost never break out, and i'd also like to keep it that way. I currently have dry-normal sensitive skin (all Dermalogica cleansers except for the sensitive skin one dry out my skin).help?

Replies

• paloma1182
    paloma1182 Posts: 68 Member
    i use a sephora moisturizer i love it!
  • Murad skin perfecting lotion is amazing :)
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Amino care- love it- not greasy- but good moisturizer- even here in West Texas
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    I like Aveno and loreal.
    I sometimes use St Ives Collagen Elastin or Cetaphil.
    I havent found them to be greasy or clog my pores.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    I use Mary Kay's Time Wise. I think its about $16 for a large tube. It lasts me about 6 months! Not bad if you ask me. I'm 40 yrs old and still get carded! (wink)
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    I have been using AVEDA all sensitive for the past 3 years and love it, but dont think that will help your cost situation. Works awesome though!!
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    I like both Clinique products and Garnier. Garnier makes an excellent moisturizer with spf15 and it's very light on the skin.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    I don't know what expensive is for you, but the body shop has an aloe facewash and moisturizer that is for normal to sensitive skin.... ITS AMAZING!!!!!! its the green bottles, (they have all different kinds) my face feels sooooo soft after using it.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Just for reference the Dermalogica Age Smart moisturizer I've been using is in the $90 range. It's not that bad considering it lasts over 6 mo.

But until I find a second job, I need something in the $20 range :(
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    i've tried all the cheaper ones. you can try them but you will be disappointed.

check out ebay. sometimes you can find the good stuff there for like 1/2 the retail price.
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member

check out ebay. sometimes you can find the good stuff there for like 1/2 the retail price.
  • Cait_Sidhe

I'm not sure if I trust ebay for something like this. Anyone can fill an empty bottle with whatever they want ad sell it for big bucks. You're probably right about me being disappointed by cheaper products though. But I still need something as I'm completelyout.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    I've been using plain old Oil of Olay since I was 14. I never break out, and I look a lot younger than I am (so I'm told).
  • I used to use Clinique, but it really did nothing for my skin! I now use Mary Kay!!! I love it! I started using it after Christmas and my skin is SOOO much better!!! It is around 10-15 dollars a bottle, I use the toner, face wash, lotion and the mask:)
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member

I'm not sure if I trust ebay for something like this. Anyone can fill an empty bottle with whatever they want ad sell it for big bucks. You're probably right about me being disappointed by cheaper products though. But I still need something as I'm completelyout.

The AVEDA products for all sensitive are in the upper 20's to low 30's for price and mine last 6 months usually. They have the new formula out also that has no parabins in it. Hope this helps! =0)
  • doliveresti
    doliveresti Posts: 29 Member
    i have a very sensitive skin and i have been using Keihl's no sodium oil free... i swear by it!
  • JulyHummingbird
    JulyHummingbird Posts: 106 Member
    Ann Webb's Skin Organics. It's terrific - you can purchase it at Whole Foods or buy online or in some shops. Not too expensive (I think I paid a little over $20 for 5 oz of pomegranite moisturizer. There's a whole line of skin products.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Thank you so much everyone for your advice. I will look into all your suggestions. I think my best bet right now would be to go into Sephora and ask. I just get so... distracted in there.

I actually used to work in the beauty industry but it's been a long time and all my product knowledge is over 10 years old.