Ideas for Gnocci Sauce

Options
Christie23
Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
I have this fresh roasted sweet potato gnocci that I am SOOO excited to try for dinner tonight. But I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on a light sauce I can make for it...

Replies

• kkwillingham
    Options
    Honestly when it comes to gnocchi there's nothing better than a little olive oil or maybe even a basil pesto. But you want to try a pink sauce. The only problem is that I don't know of any pink sauces that aren't super high in fat. The gnocchi sounds SOOO good though! Good luck!
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    One of my faves:

1 tbsp olive oil
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1 onion, finely chopped (I used a shallot for the milder flavor)
    1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
    1 tsp dried chilli flakes
    3 oz sliced low-fat mozzerella
    Handful of basil leaves
    Sea salt and black pepper, to season

Cook the gnocchi according to the instructions on the packet, then drain and set aside. Heat the olive oil over a high heat and sauté the garlic and onion until soft. Add in the diced tomatoes and chilli flakes and bring the sauce to the boil.
    Lower the heat and cook at a steady simmer for 15 minutes until it has reduced. Season with sea salt and ground black pepper. Preheat the oven to 400 f. Toss the gnocchi into the pan and stir through with the tomato sauce until each piece is nicely coated.
    Pour into a highsided baking dish (9in x 9in) and top with the mozzarella slices and torn basil leaves. Top with bread crumbs if you want a crunchy crust. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is nicely golden brown and bubbling. Serve right away in deep bowls with a little grated Parmesan.

Edited for better directions. :smile:
  • marthamae813
    marthamae813 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    No joke. I was gonna post this same thing. I was looking at the gnocchi recipes last night.
  • ngory07
    ngory07 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have no idea about the sauce but where did you get the gnocci?? Sounds great!!!
  • Christie23
    Options

That sounds DELICIOUS! That might be the winner this evening...
  • Christie23
    Options
    I have no idea about the sauce but where did you get the gnocci?? Sounds great!!!

Earth Fare! I am such a sweet potato nut that I just had to pick it up. I knew I'd figure out something. I might just eat it by itself! :bigsmile:
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Eat it by itself and a little bit of butter and spices next to a luscious steak and a nice Pinot! *craving steak and pinot...sorry!*
  • Christie23
    Options
    Eat it by itself and a little bit of butter and spices next to a luscious steak and a nice Pinot! *craving steak and pinot...sorry!*

Mmmm... that sounds lovely. But I have a brisket in the fridge that's been dry-marinating for two days. Will be braising that tomorrow with garlic and onions and serving with roasted asparagus and a fabulous PINOT.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I can't talk to you anymore...because my saliva glands are working overtime and I'm afraid I just might drool all over myself!