NEW 30Day Shred Start Date 5/15/11

Options
I will be doing the Shred for the first time and need some friends to do it with me. If you don't have the DVD, order it soon on Wlamart or Amazon site, they seem to be the cheapest about $8.00/tax. I have heard alot of good things about this program and I am willing to give it a try. To keep track of our progress just post your measurements.
Day One
Current weight:
Waist:
HIps:
Left Arm
Right Arm:
Chest:
Left Tigh:
Right Tigh

And at the end Post the same measuremenst again. According to the DVD this has to be done 30 days straight and It's for only 30mins w/stretching. Try not to take too many days off because once you fall off it's hard to get back on. Just stay with it and ultimatley we will see results.
LETS GET IT MOVING PEOPLE.
P.S. Feel Free to add me :happy:

Replies

• Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I started it on monday.
    Weight 196
    measurements....i dont have a tape lol maybe ill do pics? before and after?
  • soon2blollar
    Options
    I have a question......how do you figure out your calories burned when you do the video or any video for that matter? Do you just do it as aerobics or something?
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    Started it yesterday 05/03/11

Weight 81.5kg on 05/02/11
    Neck 35.5cm on 05/02/11
    Waist 93.5cm on 05/02/11
    Hips 106.7cm on 05/02/11
  • khymburlie
    khymburlie Posts: 3
    Options
    I started on 5/25 and I took off three days, today being my day 7. My starting weight was 167. I've lost about two pounds and have not been strict about calorie counting, just trying to keep it in mind, and think before I eat. My friends and boyfriend swear they can already see a difference. I'm going to try not to take too many days off in the future. I don't have a tape measure either, but I did take a picture of me at day 5 and will try to take one every week or so. It's an awesome work out. I can already see a difference as far as feeling in shape. We went to the beach this past weekend and I was able to walk about a half a mile in the sand without getting too winded. Prior to starting this I could make maybe 5-6 steps lol
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    I have a question......how do you figure out your calories burned when you do the video or any video for that matter? Do you just do it as aerobics or something?

I personally do circuit training, but will get and HRM soon to get a closer number of calorie burnt.
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I simply just bought a HRM (heart rate monitor) watch and it calculates it for me. That's the easiest way I do it. And it's pretty accurate :0)
  • khymburlie
    khymburlie Posts: 3
    Options

I've been trying to figure that out too. I entered every single work out that I could in the video during that 30 minutes, and it totaled about 96 calories. For some reason, there's no calories subtracted when entering strength exercises. I just decided to treat it like I'm not working out and keep my calories around 1200/day like what was suggested
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it! I am currently doing a 30 day E.A.T diet and have been doing cardio on my own. But, I just ordered the DVD! :wink:

Here are my measurements:
    Day One: 5/2/11
    Current weight: 258
    Waist: 47
    HIps: 52.5
    Left Arm: 16.5
    Right Arm: 17
    Chest: 48.5
    Left Thigh: 31.5
    Right Thigh: 30.5

Let's see where I end up at the end of this month! :tongue:
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    Awesome, happy to have you. Although i don't do diet's what is the E.A.T. Diet?
  • crystal10584
    crystal10584 Posts: 334
    Options
    I start monday. I am not doing measurements but I will do before and after pics
  • Chika_2015
    Options

I've been trying to figure that out too. I entered every single work out that I could in the video during that 30 minutes, and it totaled about 96 calories. For some reason, there's no calories subtracted when entering strength exercises. I just decided to treat it like I'm not working out and keep my calories around 1200/day like what was suggested

Just add it to your cardio because you are still burning when you are strength training.
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    yippee skippee! I am going to start today. Just made sure they had at the local super target and they dooooo! I'll post my results in 30 days :)
  • AussieLaurelle
    AussieLaurelle Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I use my heart rate monitor - for the 25 minutes its usually between 210 and 230 depending on how hard i push myself.

My stats are
    23.y.o
    160lb
    5'9"
    62 bpm resting.

so obviously if your stats are different than so will your calorie output. best way so gauge is to buy a HRM.
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    I'm in! The 15th will give me time to pick up the DVD and a Heart Rate Monitor (been meaning to do that!). I will add you as a friend as well, so I remember this promise! :tongue:
  • houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    im in, still waiting for dvd from ebay but as soon as it gets here im off!! i will post measurements when it gets here...
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I want in on this! I am ordering my 30 Day Shred Kit and Video via Amazon on Friday plus a scale. I should have by the 15th. I am excited. This site is great for motivating each other!
  • mhoward48
    mhoward48 Posts: 26
    Options
    I would like to do it with you. I have the DVD, and Heart monitor around here somewhere. I did try this routine a couple of years ago, and she kicked my butt:) I think doing it along with others will help, at least I hope so. Julian can be tough:)

Since I am now 60 years old, I may need to stay at level1 awhile longer then you younger ones. Right now, my only excercise is riding my bike, and walking a few miles a day.

Measurments

Day One
    Current weight: 133.4 lbs
    Waist: 35 “
    HIps: 40
    Left Arm 11”
    Right Arm: 11”
    Chest: 39”
    Left Tigh: 22”
    Right Tigh 22”
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    Welcome aboard everyone. Please share with your friends maybe they want to get in on the action, it also gives them some time to get the DVD if they don't already have it. This should be fun. LOVE IT!!!!! Please make sure to add me so we can inspire, motivate and track each other. #StayActive2011
  • mhoward48
    mhoward48 Posts: 26
    Options
    I will. I will see if cazz or any others want to join us.
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    10 more days before the 30Day Shred ladies!!!!!! Make sure you have your DVD'a as well as a light and heavy weight and a mat. I will be using a 3/5/8lb weight. I cannot wait. I will be giving ya'll countdowns :)

P.S. you don't have to use weight, but try with a 1lb weight if you want to see results.

This is our time. Lets get'r done!!!! :happy:

~Chika