9 weeks today... what to expect?

Options
Hi Everyone!!! :smile:

I started exercising and watching what I eat 9 weeks ago today!! This is the longest time I've ever
stuck with a program! I never had to try to lose weight as much as I am now!! It's exhausting!!
Anyhow, I go to the dr's on Saturday, and I'll check my weight there. I lost 10 lbs the first month,
but the past couple weeks I don't see a difference in how I look really. It's very discouraging.
Anyway, at 9 weeks in, should I see a lot of results at this point?? If not, when does it become
more apparent?? Just looking for a little info and support today, I don't want to be so hard on
myself if there isn't a reason to be!!
Thanks so much!!! :smile:

Replies

• yankeefamily05
    Options
    Have you taken any before/after pictures?
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Did you measure yourself....A lot of people don't see results on the scale but they do with inches lost.....
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    I lost about 30lbs before i felt a difference at all! keep it up, and measure if you cant keep track easily of the weight loss x
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    If you are talking about muscle wise, it takes a while. 9 weeks is nearly not enough time.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It really depends.

Some people lose a ton of weight and then slow down. Some people lose slowly the entire time. And some lose in chunks. I'm a lose in chunks kinda person. I will sit at a certain weight for weeks and then BOOM! Overnight I'll drop 7 or 8lbs. Don't base your expectations on how other people lose their weight. Learn to understand and read your own body. :)
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. The scale isn't everything and progress after the first week or two is slow and steady. But, this is the way you want it to be! Keep up the good work!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I know every body is different, so you'll see results in different places. I start noticing the front sides of my stomach changing before much else. I also realized once that when everything starts to shrink, it's hard to notice because it's proportionally smaller. Sometimes I think I look bigger after losing weight, because some areas shrink, making others more prominent.

With more time, I'm sure the results will be completely noticeable (in the meantime, you might need to really study your body to see the changes).

And - whether you can see or not, it's all headed in the right direction!
  • Kmorrison9903
    Options
    First and foremost, Congratulations! You've stuck with everything for 9 weeks!

You seem to have it down, and 10 lbs is great progress.:smile: Your body is doing exactly what it is supposed to be at any given point in time.

Keep going, you're doing wonderful.
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm hoping my body is just shifting from losing a little weight. My clothes don't feel that different......
    I think that part bothers me the most. I feel smaller, then I go to put jeans on and they feel the
    same!! I don't want to build any muscle, I just need to lose the FAT......... ugh.......
  • fordlover49
    fordlover49 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Different people lose weight in different areas. For example, if you measure yourself around your navel, you might have lost 5 inches, but if your jeans ride below your naval, you'd never notice a difference in how your clothes fit..
  • matwood74
    Options
    I still have muffin top...... I hate muffin top,,,,,,:angry::tongue:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping my body is just shifting from losing a little weight. My clothes don't feel that different......
    I think that part bothers me the most. I feel smaller, then I go to put jeans on and they feel the
    same!! I don't want to build any muscle, I just need to lose the FAT......... ugh.......

Building muscle will help you burn fat. :) And it'll make you less likely to end up with saggy skin. Building muscle doesn't mean you'll look like a body builder, but it will make you leaner and toned up.
  • matwood74
    Options
    Thanks!! I don't have any weights, but I do pushups and crunches..... Any suggestions on what
    exercises tone muscles?? My elliptical has helped with my calves!! :smile:
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Chair dips for triceps and squats, lunges, and wall sits for legs and butt are a good start without having weights. Besides the pushups and situps you are doing. Soup cans would work for doing some curls, and that will get your biceps going. Those are just a few. good luck!
  • matwood74
    Options
    Oooh, great suggestions!! Thank you!!!:smile: