Leslie Sansone Videos (Walk Away the Pounds)

Options
I saw there was a really old thread of this. Is anyone using Leslie's videos? I use them 4-5 times a week. I usually do the Brisk walk (2miles) but crank it up when I'm able to 3-4 miles. I just got a couple of new ones. today I did the Walk slim and sleek with pilates for abs today. 3 miles at a quick pace walking at 4-5 miles per hr. I've found that some of them have the boosted walking where you jog and they give me really bad shin splints. so if I use that video, I just keep walking thru her jogging. the pace is fast but I can walk it. I'd like some pals who want to use these videos. just send me a message or invite. Dee

Replies

• DRay64
    DRay64 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I also have one of her videos and I love it. Its the 5mile walk at home and yes it has the "boosted walking." I have not had any shin splits so I'm ok with it. She is so energetic in her videos.
  • BusyMomma2012
    BusyMomma2012 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have a video and I think I'm going to try it soon!
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone,I also have walk away the pounds away,and i just got walk slim a week ago.I love it.Plus the boosted walk makes it so much better.I cant always walk outdoors,so i like the comfort of my homw to walk.but i think its great.I also do it about 3 to 4 times a week,I did it today:) I will send you a friend request!!
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    I have 4 miles challenge and 5 miles walking from her I like to do these when my body can't move anymore from other type of workouts, but I just started 30 days shred so probably will doing it later on :). I love walking and with her videos its so much fun. Good luck to you guys.
  • LamsieDee
    LamsieDee Posts: 85
    Options
    I have the 4 mile challenge but somedays that's just too much so I start the video and when I've done 2 miles, I click back and do the 4th mile. that skips the 3rd mile. I like the stretchy band part but after working all day, I can't do 4 miles.
  • LamsieDee
    Options
    what's the 30 day shred? I haven't heard of that
  • atucker_mom
    atucker_mom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have her Power Mile DVD and I just bought the Walk Slim. I really like these dvd's. Tonight was the first time I did all 4 miles on the Walk Slim. It was a lot for me, but I did it!
    I am wondering how everyone else log's the walking. Do you split it up and log it at the pace for the amount of minutes each mile? I don't have a HRM, so I depend on the estimation of the calories burned to manage my intake.

Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • LamsieDee
    Options
    most of her videos say how fast you are walking or the minutes to a mile. I use the minutes...like if I walked a 15 minute mile...and I walked 4 in the hour...I would be walking at a 4 mph pace. the exercise log has how many calories you would burn at the 4mph pace. hope this helps
  • tiggerlilly1001
    Options
    I use Leslie Sanesone tapes all the time. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I saw there was a really old thread of this. Is anyone using Leslie's videos? I use them 4-5 times a week. I usually do the Brisk walk (2miles) but crank it up when I'm able to 3-4 miles. I just got a couple of new ones. today I did the Walk slim and sleek with pilates for abs today. 3 miles at a quick pace walking at 4-5 miles per hr. I've found that some of them have the boosted walking where you jog and they give me really bad shin splints. so if I use that video, I just keep walking thru her jogging. the pace is fast but I can walk it. I'd like some pals who want to use these videos. just send me a message or invite. Dee

Slim & Sleek is one of my faves. Lots of moves & a music only option. Very versitile for me.
    Another favorite is 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk - I like using handweights & Mary Kay's mile is great.

Re: boosted walking. Do you exercise on a bare floor? Maybe using a puzzle mat for the "boost" will cut down on impact.
  • Redneckgirl924
    Options
    I love these videos! I never thought that a walking video would ever work, but it does. Several of us everyday do the 3 mile walks at work on our lunch hour, makes it more fun and we are always trying to out do each other. Friendly competition...of course. My favorites of her are: The Slim & Sleek 3 Mile walk with Pilates, The 5 mile Walk & Jog, The Walk Weight Loss Bootcamp, Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles, and The Walk it Off & Tone It Up. If you have favorites of hers let me know.
  • kwinterscheidt
    kwinterscheidt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love the 5 mile video. I get 5 miles in 60 minutes and it makes me feel so good to do 5 miles!
  • LeeKeplar
    LeeKeplar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have several of her walk dvds and I really do love them. I have not done one for the last week or so. I need to start walking with her again. I will be out of town this weekend. So my goal is to start on Sunday when I get back home and try to do a walk everyday even if it is only 1 mile walk. I have the boot camp walk, the five mile boosted walk and the 3 - 4 mile walks and even the waist walk with the waist belt. so i need to start using them. I am new to my fitness pal. Just started the last week or two.
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi, I love Leslie Sansone! I just found and joined this website two days ago, so this logging food is all new to me but I know it will help on my weight loss journey.
    Anyway, I have the Walk away the Pounds Ultimate Collection dvd, 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk dvd and the Fat Burning Miles Collection dvd and they are all great! I started a few weeks ago doing 2 miles every day, now I am up to 3 miles and I am going to bump up to four miles at the end of next week.
    I am very uncoordinated and can't do all the complicated choreography that is in so many videos - with Leslie I can follow easily and while I like the positive energy she and her group display I usually mute the dvd and blast my own music!
    I already see a big difference in my energy level, attitude and my husband says my butt definitely looks smaller - so yeah!
  • Hyster1
    Hyster1 Posts: 75
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone DVD's. I do them just about everyday of the wteek. Except on Tuesday's and Thurdays. I do zumba on those days. I think she give's a great work out no matter what dvd you use. Do 1 mile 2 mile or whatever you want. She make you feel great about it. I just got the 5mile walk it off and tone it up. Love it.
  • tiaydew
    tiaydew Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I know I'm responding late, but I love Leslie Sansone's walk DVDS too. I found that Xfinity's Exercise TV also had a few of her workouts and I've been doing those too, if anyone wanted to check them out without having to buy a DVD themselves.
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I wrote about this on the post about how to log Leslie Sansone workouts but I thought it might be of interest to people here too.

For any of you who use Leslie's dvds, have gotten stronger and aren't feeling as much burn anymore I highly recommend adding 1lb hand weights for the duration of the walk! I started doing that a week ago with her 4 mile express super challenge (there is no band work on that walk) and it has made a HUGE difference. Not just in the way I sweat but my arms and upper torso are really toning up and it forces me to drop my shoulders during the workout so I don't "hunch up" which can happen when I am going fast and pumping my arms. I use the Danskin 1lb weights from Walmart - $7.
  • Katone86
    Katone86 Posts: 15
    Options
    I just started this work out yesterday and I love it! I'm used to fast paced aerobic excercise so I started with the 4 mi. If any of you are familiar with down loading torrent files you can find the videos on the pirate bay .
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have the 1, 2 and 3 mile walk away the pounds and I love it, I've had it for a while and had not been using it till today that I did the 2 mile mile walk. I also added the hand weights to give it a kick. I started doing the 30DS but its kinda difficult for me since I am so out of shape so I tried Leslies video till I can work myself up to more difficult ones, I didnt want to get discouraged all together so I changed my routine for now.
  • stellarchic06
    stellarchic06 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know that I'm new (I only started on Monday) but I've been using Leslie Sansone's "Walk Away The Pounds Express" which has the 3 and 4 mile walk. I started using the 3 mile and I'm so out of shape that I had to stop and start it a couple of times at each mile marker but at least I finished it. I absolutely love this DVD, I love walking but have a 3 1/2 yr old that can't ride a bike and can't keep up with me and a 3 month old that I could push in the stroller but again, what to do with the oldest one? This way, the baby can swing and the oldest can play in his room and I can still do what I love!

I tried using a kettlebell exercise I bought at WalMart thinking I'd love it but I absolutely hate it and can't do it at all. I have a horribly bad back and swinging a 5lb weight between my legs and over my head doesn't feel the greatest (I'm actually still in so much pain, I still can't bend over to pick stuff up off the floor). The walking is the best thing I've found for someone with a bad back like me!