Losing weight for the dream of another child

Options
Hi, My name is Haley. I am a 32 yr old mother of a 3 yr old daughter. I am trying to lose weight to have more success at having another child. I have PCOS, Hypothyroidism, and take steriods daily. This makes it near impossible to lose weight, but I am hoping by making smarter food choices that I will lose down to 130 lbs. Anyone else out there struggling with fertility problems or PCOS?

Replies

• WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. I'm not ready to have kids yet but I can relate because it's a big fear of mine. Feel free to add me if you want. Good luck!
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    I'm losing weight for the dream of a child!!!

i have PCOS, possible endometriosis, a slow metabolism, a few other health issues and i don't ovulate at all!

I'm losing weight to qualify for the next set of fertility tests and hopefully for IVF.

I wish you all the luck in the world, feel free to add me!
  • kellmichelle
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation! I have PCOS too and want to lose some weight in hopes of getting pregnant the next time around without having to use any meds. My son is almost two and we're not quite ready for more babies, but I know keeping my weight down will help once we are ready!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS, Hyporthyrodism and are TTC as well. I've been TTC for 4 years now.. and hoping all the hard work pays off.
  • Kileysmommy32
    Options
    I don't ovulate at all anymore too. I haven't without meds since 2004. I wish you all the luck!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

We have a group for you :) A few ladies on it have PCOS and a few of us are just trying to lose weight before getting pregnant (and we have a graduate group for when you get pregnant too!). Please join us!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/230133-fit-for-future-families-may-2011
  • Kileysmommy32
    Options
    It took 4 years with my daughter, so don't give up hope. I have been trying again for 3 years and seems harder this time. I guess because I am older now. I hope you get blessed with a miracle too.
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    I'm in the same boat...I have a 2-1/2 year old son and we are trying for baby #2! I was diagnosed with PCOS about 10 years ago and I'm really focusing on getting my weight down in hopes of conceiving. Feel free to add me as a friend...I'd love the extra support and motivation!!
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi I have PCOS too, and I am going to go to a new dr to see if he will be able to help. My DBF and I are planning and I want to lose weight to hope for a child some day. The other Dr have tested me and everything is normal levels and I have a period each month, they say I need to lose weight and exercise, and eat healthy foods. I bought the book PCOS diet book great book easy to follow and is very helpful.