need suggstions please

Options
I work out at home, in the basement rec room. The floor is carpeted with relatively new carpet, so the padding underneath is still nice and, well, padded. I find that I have a really hard time stabilizing myself when doing my workout vids because my feet just seem to be all over the place. I've tried working out barefoot, but it doesn't seem to matter if I have nice, tightly laced sneakers on or attack it barefooted, I still am too wobbly. When I work out at the gym on a hard surface, I don't have this problem.

Yes, i know, the obvious recommendation would be to work out on a hard surface. I dont have that option. I'm not about to rearrange the living room furniture upstairs every time I want to work out, so I've got to find a way to make my workouts downstairs a little easier on the foot positioning.

Suggestions?

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    yoga mat
  • mmjwaters
    mmjwaters Posts: 1
    Options
    What kind of things are you doing? Wii has a balance board (Wii Fit Plus) that would really help and I love mine!! It is great on carpet...and a great workout.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My daughter had the same problem and solved it by buying one of those big plastic mats made to put under a desk chair.
  • Sarahcuda
    Sarahcuda Posts: 76
    Options
    A large piece of plywood... you might be able to get a "warped" one for cheap!
  • swiftgirls2
    swiftgirls2 Posts: 59
    Options
    You should be able to get one of those hard plastic carpet protectors. I dont know the exact name, but people use them in offices under their chairs so as to not ruin the carpet. You could probably get them from Staples.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Chalean Extreme strength training program and finding it difficult to stabilize myself in lunge poses. The plastic desk mat sounds like it could work! Thanks!