Chalean Extreme

Options
I am thinking of starting this program this summer... any feedback on it? I hit my goal weight last fall, but have put about 5 pounds back on recently. I lost my workout buddy (getting married and moving away), moved in with three men who eat ALL THE TIME and whatever they want and do not gain an ounce, and in addition to these things, I think I am just bored with my current workouts. I do a variety of things, but I haven't changed up the things I do in a while. I have a few friends who swear by this program, but thought I would see what the MFP community thinks of it before I commit :)

Replies

• CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I want to know too!!!
  • rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Have you ever done any of Chalene's HIIT or Fire classes in Turbo fire? I have not made it to Chalene Extreme yet but I can vouch for Turbo Fire as pretty darn high intensity! If you haven't tried it, it is great to build up to the Turbo Fire/Chalene Extreme hybrid or to Chalene Extreme first using Turbo Fire. Unless you are really - athletically fit then you could jump right into Chalene Extreme. Good luck!
  • sarahenagy
    sarahenagy Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am fairly fit already - I have been lifting, doing cardio, classes at the gym, and cycling for well over a year, typically 5-6 days a week, although a little less recently. My friend who does the Chalene system was my workout buddy for a long time, and she jumped right into the program no problem. She just recently completed the three month cycle and went into the Lean for Life and starting combining the weightlifting program with Turbofire and HIIT and she raves about it.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I use it and really like it.