6th day using MFP and love it!

Options
Hey,

My name is Brittany and Im 22 yrs old. I almost hit 200lb and I knew I had to do somehting about it. I have lost 1 pound so far which is not much but a start. I was looking at my blackberry apps and came across this and Im so happy I did. Everyone seems to love MFP and I hope this is the first step to a change for me. I bought a house in September and the pool is getting opened on saturday and I really wanna wear my bikini again!!!!

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi welcome and gd luck:smile:
  • slimrb2011
    slimrb2011 Posts: 122
    Options
    Welcome!! Good luck on your journey. Stick with MFP and you will get there!!!
  • happyhappyjoy72
    Options
    I use MFP on my ipod and love it. I'm on week two and have lost 2lb. It is not much but it is a start! Good luck and WELCOME:smile:
  • mistipip
    mistipip Posts: 1
    Options
    This app is awesome!!! I'm telling you, if you follow your goals you can't go wrong. I've lost almost 10 lbs in two weeks. I quit drinking my Mountain Dew completely tho and I'm sure that's where a lot of the weight loss is from. If I can do this, anyone can. I LOVE FOOD, but this app makes me realize that excersise and moderation is the key! GOOD LUCK!! You will find a lot of support on this app also, it's just great!!!
  • esme86
    esme86 Posts: 11
    Options
    :smile: Welcome!! Yea I love MFP too, I joined about a year ago. Everyone is so nice and get you motivated with their stories and tips. Good Luck!!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: Brittany! I love this site. Seems like we have each other's backs. I'm twice your age and my daughter is 1/2 your age and we're both using MFP. Best wishes and many successes!
  • tlshinder
    tlshinder Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!! I too am new and I am also hoping for success!!
  • happyhappyjoy72
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!! I too am new and I am also hoping for success!!
    Good luck to you as well tlshinder!!
  • Brittany1414
    Options
    Do you guys all stick to like grains veggys and fruit or once in a while do you treat yourself to a Mcdonalds burger as long as you have the calories?

Thanks everyone!!!!!
  • angelaofgreen
    Options
    Hello There,

The big 200 put me in a panic too, and that's how I go here :^).

If I have the calories for it, I will treat myself to fast food and/or ice cream etc.. but so far I've found it difficult to stay within my calorie intake goal! I never realize how many calories I was eating and drinking...

Good Luck! I've lost 4 pounds in 6 days so far. :smokin:
  • Brittany1414
    Options
    wow good job...Im not finding it hard to stay in my calorie goal so far....
    200lb is scary eh??
    I havent weighed myself since day2 so tonight I hope its more !!!
    Im glad I can have chicken nuggets then!!
    I dont want people to see it on my diary and be like "tisk tisk" LOL
    I guess you can do whatever you want in moderation!!!!