Oreo's

Options
2»

Replies

• Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Just visualize the main ingredients in oreos on a plate. Sugar, fat, more sugar, fake chocolate flavour, more sugar, more fat. Do you REALLY want to put that in your body?

That is a very good idea!!! I never thought about "unhealthy" food that way! Very good tip!! I'm going to use that! Thank you!!
    Thanks flausa for a simply brilliant idea! I'm also going to add this to my arsenal! :tongue: :wink:
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Just visualize the main ingredients in oreos on a plate. Sugar, fat, more sugar, fake chocolate flavour, more sugar, more fat. Do you REALLY want to put that in your body?

If you wouldn't put that in your body why would you allow your children too!

Karen

Good point. For my daughter, "cookies" are the organic animal crackers that you get at Costco, shaped like Winnie the Pooh characters! Luckily she hasn't tried the really sugary cookies so she doesn't know any different.

I understand what the OP means though. I am sitting next to a plate full of cupcakes as we speak! (made them for a friend's birthday) I allowed myself to have just one. I ate it slow and really enjoyed it. =)
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i guess im the rebel...i would work a couple into my daily calorie goal.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My great-grandmother and I use to play this game. I lived with her in high school and we both had a love affair for double stuffed oreos. She would buy them, eat a couple then hide the package from me. I would find them and then hide them from her. This has nothing to do with your problem but still a favorite memory of mine.

Now as for the oreos in your house...I say quit buying them. I told my husband if he wanted junk that he could use his weekly allowance to buy them. And then, I would feel guilty if I got into something he spent "his" money on.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    i guess im the rebel...i would work a couple into my daily calorie goal.

I can now, but there are still things I CAN'T be around or if I eat one I eat them all.
  • k_ewilliams
    k_ewilliams Posts: 43
    Options
    OMG
    I've never had Baskin Robbin's, but I LOVE DQ's ice cream cakes.
    GAH, so much. Every bday my only request is to have one.
    They taste soooo good, my fave foods... chocolate fudge and ice cream and nice icing. yum!
    Learning that it is made from lard, suprisingly, does not phase me. (this is worrisome lol)

However,
    In a nutrition class i took in uni, my prof brought a Mars bar to class, with vials of the bar's content of sugar and lard. Haven't eaten one since..
    And don't get me started on how cheesies are made.
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    And don't get me started on how cheesies are made.

Please do! There are certain foods that I'm able to look at and say, "no way, never again" but others I keep thinking, "well, maybe someday." So if someone wants to tell me horrible things about doritos and cheetos, I'm all ears!