Greek Yogurt

Options

Replies

• Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Fage. I really like Chobani though.
  • mskon
    mskon Posts: 64
    Options
    I like Stonyfield. Really thick and creamy. I also substitute for sour cream.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Fage, Chobani, and Oikos are all good. It's not supposed to taste "grainy" as far as I know. It's a bit bitter, but that's why you add fruit and things to it.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I really like Chobani and Brown Cow - both are all natural and cost about the same. I'm not a fan of plain or honey flavored but all the fruit on the bottom varieties (except lemon) are great!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Chobani is the best. Shouldn't be grainy. Should be tangy and super duper creamy. I buy the plain nonfat Chobani and use it as a substitute for sour cream. Love it.
    Yep Chobani for my vote too.
    The plain is great for what was said above, you can also add a little garlic to it and use it for a wonderful Alfredo sauce too :) Just add some skim mozzarella :)

I use the Vanilla Non-Fat Chobani as either part of my meal or I add 4 oz to my protein shakes - Makes them even better tasting and better in the protein department!
  • Charrisse
    Charrisse Posts: 163
    Options
    Dannon Greek nonfat vanilla is my fave.
  • staceydewey
    staceydewey Posts: 18
    Options
    I like the Chobani and I add a squeeze of lemon and frozen blueberries for breakfast or a snack. I have also just tried the Athenos strained which I prefer for a substitute for sour cream or mayonnaise - it is a little drier in texture.
  • magpie8402
    magpie8402 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I tried the Fage with side of honey as a snack and it was great! Definitely not grainy :)
  • Collard183
    Collard183 Posts: 3
    Options
    i like Dannon Plain Greek Yogurt then cut my own fruit into it or sugar free syrup...i put that s*** on everything!!!
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Dannon is my favorite. I think Chobani is my second choice, but really what I know is I love dannon... But the single serving containers have a thicker texture than the larger container, which is a bummer. Unless that one large one I got was a fluke.
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have only tried the dannon so far but I loved it. Not Grainy at all...
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Fage... very thick, but smooth.

My favorite!
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Personally I didn't like Chobani, but I like most others. I am going to try the fage with honey and see if I like it. Usually I am a vanilla kind of girl.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    can not stand stonyfield "oikos" greek yogurt....literally smells and tastes like vomit.....(sorry to be so descriptive, it made me gag)....will stick with non-fat dannon fruit yogurt
  • SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    FAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!:love:
  • magpie8402
    magpie8402 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    can not stand stonyfield "oikos" greek yogurt....literally smells and tastes like vomit.....(sorry to be so descriptive, it made me gag)....will stick with non-fat dannon fruit yogurt

I noticed a funky aftertaste, so I'll probably stay away from this brand in the future.
  • techteacher371
    Options
    I really like the non fat Vanilla by Kroger....Fills me up and not grainy or tart:bigsmile:
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    For the full fat varieties:

Fage
    Voskos
    Cabot (I've only seen it in LARGE containers, but a very good value, nonetheless)

I once bought a large container of what I assumed was Greek yogurt in a Middle Eastern market and it ended up being Lebanese yogurt. It's got a more slippery texture, and while it didn't go well plain or with fruit, it was amazing to use in cooking.
  • artvandalay
    artvandalay Posts: 71
    Options
    Fage is the best Greek yogurt on the planet. The others pale in comparison
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I really like the Greek Gods brand....I buy the plain, full-fat variety.