Is this allowed here?

Options
VixFit2011
VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
Are we allowed to say what we do as a job? I'm asking because I see so many posts about clothing and that's what I do for work at home.

Replies

• bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    as far as i know you're fine.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Are we allowed to say what we do as a job? I'm asking because I see so many posts about clothing and that's what I do for work at home.

That makes two of us!

I think that as long as you're not replying to posts, trying to sell your services, or using them as a way to advertise your wares, so to speak, I can't see anyone objecting to you mentioning what you do for a living. After all, other people talk about their jobs all the time!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I dont see why not. I tell people what I did/am doing frequently. I just dont think you are allowed to solicit(sp?) unnecessarily.

My poor MFP friends have to deal with my work woos all the time :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I dont see why not. I tell people what I did/am doing frequently. I just dont think you are allowed to solicit(sp?) unnecessarily.

My poor MFP friends have to deal with my work woos all the time :blushing: :bigsmile:

Awww, we like hearing about them :) Support doesn't stop at just food or exercise. We are making lifestyle changes and we sometimes need support in other areas to stay healthy.

Anyhow, I agree. I don't think you can solicit but its okay to talk about your day to day life, including work.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not a Proctologist, I'm okay with talking about work.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I sell preowned clothing on Ebay. Can't advertise myself so can't promote myself. Oh well.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I aggregate B2C initiatives and embrace transparent supply-chains in order to engineer efficient mindshare.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I aggregate B2C initiatives and embrace transparent supply-chains in order to engineer efficient mindshare.

Uh...Wut? LOL
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi I think you can tell people about your job! I work as a personal chef for a family ! I like to give food ideas all the time!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    of course you can tell people about your job, as long as it doesn't give too much personal information out that could reveal your identity...only for securitys' sake.

I'm studying Psychology, in my last year and currently doing a tonne of exams....NICE! :ohwell:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    sure :)
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Sounds deep.. Bryan!!!!!
  • TheGoktor
    Options

Sounds deep.. Bryan!!!!!

Certainly deeper than making corsets!
  • TheGoktor
    Options

But do you engage in meme-surfing?! (That was genuinely an expression my partner heard in a meeting a few weeks ago!)
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'm an ebayer too :) I sell hand made/designed jewlery and bottle caps and other things for scrapbooking and jewelry making.
  • Tattooedmom44
    Tattooedmom44 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse on a palliative unit. Sure makes you appreicate life, and not to sweat the small stuff!!
  • ttee857
    ttee857 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am a nurse on a palliative unit. Sure makes you appreicate life, and not to sweat the small stuff!!

I would love to get into Palliative care. I work as a night team leader in a residential home for folks with dementia....ranging in ages from 54 onwards.
  • shrinkingkristy
    shrinkingkristy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm an Avon Lady...but I'm trying to get back into the medical field. Im trained as a Medical Assistant.