Hi everyone, looking forward to these boards :)

numi79
numi79 Posts: 13
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone :)

I’m new to the boards and hoping to find some extra support to keep me on the right path. Probably like everyone’s my story is big and lumpy, I’ve been overweight all my life, although I always felt like the happy chubby girl I know my weight held me back in many aspects of my life. Mostly because I was embarrassed of myself more then anything else. In 2000 (408lbs) I joined weight watchers and lost 170 lbs. I met my husband in 2003 and slowly gained weight (not blaming him, I was just happy and comfortable and unfortunately let the pounds pile back on.) After the birth of our daughter (I actually lost 30 pounds during my pregnancy because I was taking care of myself) I realized that this was not how I wanted my daughter to be raised. I wanted to be a healthy and fit role model for her, she deserved that. Plus I want to live every second I can to watch her grow and become the amazing woman I know she will be. So I finally took a step I had been considering for years and had WLS. I am 18 months out and down 140 lbs. I know many people feel that WLS is an easy way out but it was the tool I needed to help me find this path and I have to say I have worked very hard, from 2 months out of surgery I have gone to the gym religiously 4 to 5 times a week and thankfully have developed new healthy habits that I live by.

I really want to try and get to 170 before my husband and I start trying to have another baby, so I have 22 lbs to go and I know I can do it! Fortunately I can eat anything I want (a blessing and a curse) so I have to be very mindful of what I put in my body because no matter what, bad habits have a way of trying to come back.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys and sharing our stories!
Amanda

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    hi@!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Hello Amanda!! Welcome to MFP!!:flowerforyou: I know you will find lots of Friends and support here. I hope that anyone who thinks WLS is 'easy' or 'quick' will keep their opinions to themselves.
    Have fun and Log On here every day. Just being here and tracking your Food and Exercise will help keep you accountable and on the right track.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Regarding what you wrote that I got comfortable I think same happened to me although I never had extra kilos on me but now :(((. It took me almost 3 years to get the extra 20 lbs but working out since end of Jan and keep going . I did not loose only 2lbs yet, but my body is changing : I see it on my stomach and arms bit on my tights :)))
  • 000angie000
    000angie000 Posts: 152 Member
    Welcome!
This discussion has been closed.