Did you know?

Angela4Health
Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
Dannon light and fit yogurt has aspartame. Take a look. There are many many food items out there that are seemingly better choices, diet soda being another one, but are in all actuality, HORRIBLE choices. Make sure you read the ingredients people. I've had to completely change my shopping list due to high fructose corn syrup and several other things. Also, sodium can be high in things you would least expect.. I just thought I would share. :smile:

PS... Chobani greek yogurt is the BEST!

Replies

• kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    I eat the Dannon light and fit and did not notice that. I tried a choban and didn't like it; I might have to try more flavors :-\

Thanks for the info!!!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    So does Yopliat light!!!!

I have learned to read the ingredient list, not just nutirtion facts. Especially bc the item are listed in order of concentration.

I like trader joe's greek yogurt!!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    yep, always, always, always read the labels. "light & fit" is meaningless. the ingredients list & nutritional facts is where the useful info is at.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Do you mean HFCS? Because Fructose is just a type of sugar.
  • JenniCH
    JenniCH Posts: 74
    Fage greek yogurt all the way!! :):)
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    I've come to find that a lot of the yogurts that say "light" on them are sweetened with aspartame. I try very hard to stay away from artificial sweeteners. I won't drink Crystal Lite either for the same reason.
  • Flocker1979
    Flocker1979 Posts: 96
    I always have to be really careful with "Light" or "Fat Free" stuff because I'm allergic to aspartame. Figured it out the hard way.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    I wasn't thanks.
  • admmommy
    admmommy Posts: 143 Member
    Oh yea they can be tricky like that....

Oh and I LOVE the oikos greek yogurt :) I actually just finished one (yum blueberry flavored)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I know it! I buy ketchup without HFCS and now, the freakin sodium is through the room. Now I've got to find another brand. Why can't companies just make decent food and not fill it full of worthless, man made crap?!?!? Is it really that hard?
  • Angela4Health
    I know it! I buy ketchup without HFCS and now, the freakin sodium is through the room. Now I've got to find another brand. Why can't companies just make decent food and not fill it full of worthless, man made crap?!?!? Is it really that hard?
    [/quote

Oh I know! It's just ridiculous. It takes a lot of time and research finding the right choices sometimes. Things that fit my criteria in one area, don't in another. UGH!
  • infosynth
    infosynth Posts: 81 Member
    Bump for Fage Greek Yogurt!

It's the only nonfat yogurt I will go near, and I eat only unsweetened yogurt. Thankfully that means I don't have to deal with artificial sweeteners, HFCS, or anything else I don't want. (I react to aspartame, although I can't really consider it an allergy. Same with acesulfame-K.)

The Fage 0% (fat free) yogurt has 2 ingredients: Skimmed milk, and live yogurt cultures (3 types of bacteria). One, two (or 4 if you count the bacteria separately). Gotta love it.

It also tastes great. I've tried other Greek-style yogurts and nothing compares with Fage. It is smooth and creamy, and it does not have a sour taste. You only need to eat 1/2 cup to feel satisfied, and it has a *lot* more protein than regular yogurt. I buy it in 32 oz. (1000g) tubs.
  • What! I bought some the other day- didnt know it had that! Guess I wont get that any more. yoplait yogurt (not light) i dont think has it. I like that chobani greek yogurt too!
  • amw8675309
    amw8675309 Posts: 95 Member
    did you know that fruit has fructose :noway:
  • Angela4Health
    did you know that fruit has fructose :noway:

lol that was a typo :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.