Starting over for the last time

Dani78
Dani78 Posts: 6
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I have been very luck in the past taking the weight off, but also in putting it back on. I now realize that I have to make a life style change, so I am here and doing just that. Good luck to everyone !!

51730.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Dani78
    Dani78 Posts: 6
    I have been very luck in the past taking the weight off, but also in putting it back on. I now realize that I have to make a life style change, so I am here and doing just that. Good luck to everyone !!

51730.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Dani !! Good for you-- Erma Bombeck used to joke that she must have lost something like 700 pounds in her life-- the same 20 pounds 35 times. Good for you for starting again-- this site will really help you stay on top of your calories. I had truly believed I'd never take off weight, then saw a woman on the Today Show who'd taken off 150. I was so mad at myself-- if she can take off 150, why couldn't I take off 1/3 of that? It shamed me-- so I started SlimFast, which helped with the initial 11 pounds, but I miss eating on that stuff. Then one day, looking for an online calorie counter for watermelon, I stumbed here-- and I haven't looked back. This site is simply phenomenal.

Welcome to the party-- we're all in this together. :flowerforyou:
  • Zborni4
    Zborni4 Posts: 38 Member
    I know how you feel. I have fallen off the horse again this summer and I need to get back since I am getting married next summer. I do not want to be a chunky bride. Yet I can't stop myself with sweets and fattening foods. I know what I need to do, just like you but it is sometimes hard to commit. I think after I go and try on dresses tomorrow and realize how awful I look, it will hopefully be inspiring.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    You've found a great site!

Welcome & good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • i usually give up until i see myself getting big again but this is different from anything else on the web. i really enjoy it and i've been doing it since this past monday. i lost two pounds last week so good luck.
  • ambrdh3
    ambrdh3 Posts: 1
    I can definately identify with you! I'm about to start losing the same 60 lbs for the second time. My "Boot Camp" instructor gave me this site and it's been a real gem. And the people on the forums are so positive and thoughtful. You can do it, and so can I!! Good Luck
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Hey mandanroger-- 2 pounds-- way to go. Keep it up.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Welcome! Check out some of TamTastic's posts. She has lost over 100 lbs. She has some great insight and her posts are encouraging.

GOOD LUCK! You can do it!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.