why yes I am a newbie too!!!

Options
My name is Robin and I have been using the myfitnesspal app for a week now. I knew that I didn't always make the best choices of calories to eat in the past but I've learned a couple of hard lessons this week. Today's lunch was probably the hardest of them all. I ordered and ate most of a salad before checking the calorie count (710!!!!). I still have 390 calories allowed for the day, more if I go to the track this evening but spending more than half of my allotted calories on one salad, that wasn't really that big really hurts.

Replies

• TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Don't worry if you go over a little, especially at the start. It can take a while to get used to just how many calories are in some things. With salads the calories are usually in the dressing. But you'll soon get used to it, most people eat the same sorts of things regularly which means that the calories stay roughly the same.
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Yeah the only timme I count salads is if it has ham, turkey, and cheese on it or something else. But if it's just veggies, I load up and just count the dressing. Unfortunately for me, salad dressing is my weakness so I go with the regular blue cheese and ranch dressings.
  • litljoy2001
    litljoy2001 Posts: 79
    Options
    Ya I have been there too so now what I do that helps is every morning the first thing I do is put in what I'm gonna eat for the whole day and see how many calories Im working with and then if I need to change things I will but it helps me to do that so I know what im working with before I excercise...