My journey is not over (pics)

Options
After I had my son in December 2009, I was weighing in around 250 <gasp!!!!>. I really started getting serious about losing the baby weight in October of 2010. I joined MFP in January and started training for my first 5k. It's been on my bucket list for awhile, and this is the year when I took back my life, including my health and my goals. Anyway, lol, I am making positive changes, but still have a lot of work to do. These are my before and mid-way pics. I will post my after pics when I feel like an "after".

This is me a few weeks after I had my son, at around 250 pounds.

142.jpg

This is me last weekend after I ran my first 5k (in 38:02 yay me) at around 200 pounds.

4-30-2011454.jpg

4-30-2011455.jpg

Replies

• Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing job you've been doing!!
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Way to go!! Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see the "after" pics!!!!
  • Flocker1979
    Flocker1979 Posts: 96
    Options
    Good for you! I'm working toward my first 5k, too!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You look good.
  • LauriinSB
    LauriinSB Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great! Congratulations on the 5k! I hope to do one by the end of the year myself...
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    congrats!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Super job there!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous - and that 5k must have been so satisfying - here is to great results on the rest of your journey ...
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Great progress! WTG!
  • fmouco
    fmouco Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    congratulations!
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Great job on the progress!! You look amazing!
  • kristy12379
    kristy12379 Posts: 239
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic!

I just did my first 5k last weekend...WOW, what a feeling of pride at the end!

Good luck to you on the rest of your journey!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    you look great!!!! great job!!! :)
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Amazing... you lost weight AND quit smoking AND got in shape! You are amazing!
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    wow, that's so inspirational. and 5 k in 38 minutes! Looking forward to seeing the next setof pics, but absolutely no pressure!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    OMG!
    You look so much younger in your second set of pix.
    How can you be old enough to be a Mom?
    -B
  • ProudMomoftwo
    ProudMomoftwo Posts: 525
    Options
    What a big difference!! Congrats!!
    You are well on your way.
    I am going to be doing my first 5K in September and I am super pumped about it.
    My daughter is going to walk it with me and I think we have talked some more friends into doing it as well.
    It will be FUN and it will benefit the Relay For Life too.
    Keep on Keepin' on...you are a conqueror!!
  • happymom1197
    happymom1197 Posts: 155
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the kind words and support! I didn't know how good that would make me feel:) Thank you, thank you, thank you!! My weight loss stalled last month due to me quitting smoking and using food to fill that void of time. lol. I was taking a lot of snack breaks. I'm definately back on track now. No more girl scout cookies or chocolate bunnies in sight!!!! I will be at my goal within the next few months!!!! Add me as a friend, if you want a cheerleader. I love cheering on my friends:flowerforyou:
  • MadisonsMom2009
    MadisonsMom2009 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and so Happy!!! Congrats!

Keep it up!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!