Not really a moan

Options
just a 'help, I'm having my first wobble!!!'

So I have some other issues that I'm working on right now, but this weight loss journey was just filling me full of fear this morning. Probably un-necessarilly I know.

I think its because my depression has 'blinkered' me to the changes that were happening to my body and that now the blinkers are slowly coming off, I've realised I'm gonna have quite a big (for me) task ahead of me.

This is my second 'big attempt'. I tried last year and had to stop exercise because of a knee injury I sustained while exercising. By the time I could go back to exercise, I was in the grips of my worst bout of depression ever, so wasn't even interested in eating right either.

I'm in the process of talking myself around and telling myself I shouldn't be on the edge of my seat waiting for the fall, but enjoy what I'm doing and look at it as a challenge, rather than a 'must do' which is guaranteed to make me dig my heels in!!

some support from you guys would be mega helpful at this time!

I'm 5' 5'' and weigh 185. Hoping to wiegh 175 by the end of the summer and hoping that this time next year most of the extra weight will be gone. It would be lovely to get down to 150, even better to get down to 140!!

xx

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    good luck & 175 is with in reach.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    We'd love to help ya Ales!
    You can do it - believe me! When I started out I couldn't walk faster than 2 to 2.5 miles per hour without pain in the knees, ankles, and feet.
    Now - even after 5 months off - my normal gait is roughly 3 to 3.5 so I KNOW it can be done.

Just know that there are people out here who truly believe in you and what you can accomplish and we are willing to be your cheer-leading team whenever you want! (just don't ask me to where the skirt without some form of official dare!) :)

I think your goals are very honest and attainable and wish I would have been able to set more honest goals like that in the beginning - Proud of you for your honesty and your request for help.
    It just goes to show how strong of a person you really are!
    C.J.
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    best of luck to you I know you can do this and will be here for support and encouragement.
    feel free to add me if you'd like
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. I think my friends.would say I'm supportive I'm here all day, every day almost lol. But it's really just one day at a time. You will have off days, don't worry. Be patient with yourself and know that you can do it, no matter what!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    You had me at moan. smiley-ashamed005.gif

Sorry, my mind tends to wander at times... Try not to think of what you are doing as a destination, but rather a journey. Enjoy the journey, you should be building the foundations that will sustain you once you reach your goal. You will get there, make some friends (Feel free to friend me if you wish) and don't hesitate to lean on them for support. People here are fantastic in the support department.
    Good luck and enjoy the ride.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Friend me...I would love to help you out!
  • srtiemann
    srtiemann Posts: 76
    Options
    Just keep on logging in and we will be there to support you all the way.

We will all reach our goals, we just need to keep looking forward.
  • jac1976
    jac1976 Posts: 30
    Options
    Keep posting, sometimes when we have time to think, out thoughts can take us to scary places and we can then extend our fears and make them worse than things really are. Well done for writing down how you are feeling, you can do this you know you can, but as stated before this is a marathon, not a sprint and sometimes us humans want things to happen overnight which is impossible, however you will start to see an improvement very quickly and hopefully this will help to combat the negative thoughts.

xxx
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Thankyou all so much :)

You are all so kind and supportive, I've never really had that before (queue the violins!!) but its true! :)

So it really means the world to me that you guys are cheering me on

:' ) (weepy)