new here, trying to stick with it

ladyluck1396
ladyluck1396 Posts: 4 Member
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone!

I signed up for MFP a couple weeks ago, and haven't been doing very well logging my food everyday. I need to stay motivated to keep going with it. I'm trying to lose baby weight from 3 pregnancies in the past 5 years. I'm using carnation instant breakfasts, slim fast shakes for lunch and trying to eat more basic things for dinner like steak-umm's or tyson chicken sandwiches that are easy to log in the system here.

It's also hard to find time to exercise with a 4yr old and a 2yr old running around, I'm making the commitment of going to the gym once a week alone and once a week with my husband when we have a babysitter, along with doing the air-climber stepper at home when I have 20min to spare.

Any pointers on finding time to exercise with young kids is definitely appreciated!

Replies

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Wii fit, or exercise videos.

Also consider trying to find foods you can eat in place of the instant breakfast/slim fast shakes. You can eat things they will keep you full longer and you can re-train your eating habits, that way you don't just use those things, lose weight, and then fall back into old eating patterns.
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Welcome to MFP. If you're having trouble logging during the day, could you carry a notepad, write down what you've eaten and then log it all at once once your kids have gone to bed maybe? The other option would be planning your meals in advance.
  • cassieday
    cassieday Posts: 55 Member
    double jogging stroller. i have a single one and it is a huge lifesaver because i can go for a run and not have to worry about who will watch my daughter. treadmills are also awesome but running is the easiest way to work all of your body! if you do start running and are new to it, try intervals. Start with 1-1 (1min run 1min walk) and from there slowly up the running. Thats what i am doing and i love it! Also, the key to really doing well is to have people to support you and keep you accountable! Feel free to add me if you need someone =) GOOD LUCK!
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    I have 3 children, 12, 7 and 18mo and I work a full time job (10 hour per day) from home. We are all busy. That can't be an excuse. Sorry to be blunt.

I made excuses for years. Too busy. Too tired. Too many other committments etc. In January I committed to getting out of bed at 5AM M-Sat. to work out. It's what works for me. As far as recording food, I record everything except I take Sundays off. Not a cheat day, just a rest day. I had a few days last week when I was out of town that I did not record, but other than that I have been very faithful at it and that is what really helps take the weight off besides exercise.

Good luck. If you really want it, you can do it! It's not easy. But with a committment of time and heart it's so worth it!
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    a double stroller might be nice, take walks with the kids morn & evenings
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    I have 3 children, 12, 7 and 18mo and I work a full time job (10 hour per day) from home. We are all busy. That can't be an excuse. Sorry to be blunt.

I made excuses for years. Too busy. Too tired. Too many other committments etc. In January I committed to getting out of bed at 5AM M-Sat. to work out. It's what works for me. As far as recording food, I record everything except I take Sundays off. Not a cheat day, just a rest day. I had a few days last week when I was out of town that I did not record, but other than that I have been very faithful at it and that is what really helps take the weight off besides exercise.

Good luck. If you really want it, you can do it! It's not easy. But with a committment of time and heart it's so worth it!

WOW! This is great. We need more people to be blunt like that. I get sick sometimes when new or old members post here and no one want to give them a straight answer for fear of hurt feelings.

Let's face it at one point or another we all had lame excuses and only when we get sick and tired of them is when we make actual changes.

Thanks again up2me2lose20 god on you.
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Hi everyone!

I signed up for MFP a couple weeks ago, and haven't been doing very well logging my food everyday. I need to stay motivated to keep going with it. I'm trying to lose baby weight from 3 pregnancies in the past 5 years. I'm using carnation instant breakfasts, slim fast shakes for lunch and trying to eat more basic things for dinner like steak-umm's or tyson chicken sandwiches that are easy to log in the system here.

It's also hard to find time to exercise with a 4yr old and a 2yr old running around, I'm making the commitment of going to the gym once a week alone and once a week with my husband when we have a babysitter, along with doing the air-climber stepper at home when I have 20min to spare.

Any pointers on finding time to exercise with young kids is definitely appreciated!

My suggestion: get rid of the instant breakfasts and Slim Fast shakes. Eat eggs, or peanut butter toast, fruit, foods that are better for you. If you still want to do a shake because it is easy for you, blend your own with protein powder, some frozen fruit, a little yogurt, and some ice. Keep with whole foods, and remember that less processing is better.

I quit diet soda cold turkey, and really watch my processed sugars intake and my cravings for sweets has decreased a lot. Artificail sweetners can actuallly increase your craving for sugar.
This discussion has been closed.