We should have an exercise entry for...

Options
Potty training. I'm exhausted. I've been off for four days, so I took the opportunity to really reinforce the point of using a toilet with my 19 month old. BTW-she took interest at 17 months and usually makes poopy in the potty, so no, it's not too early. Not being defensive-So I'm sorry if this came across as hostile. I've been through this already with both grandmothers, and getting support from my husband was difficult until she actually told him she had to go potty at some point. It's cute. She says "po-py" and does a little crotch grab.

I probably walked the length of the walmart store four times just trying to go shopping and take the baby to the potty. Not to mention the sprint across the house to keep the baby from flushing legos down the potty. Something plugged the toilet the other day, and required plunging. I'm just hopeful that whatever it was, it wasn't valuable. Add assorted other potty related adventures and I'm out of energy. I went over my calories by 73 today, but I'm not worried though, because I have no earthly clue how to account for in the log what I burned during potty training.

Replies

• firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Potty training. I'm exhausted. I've been off for four days, so I took the opportunity to really reinforce the point of using a toilet with my 19 month old. BTW-she took interest at 17 months and usually makes poopy in the potty, so no, it's not too early. Not being defensive-So I'm sorry if this came across as hostile. I've been through this already with both grandmothers, and getting support from my husband was difficult until she actually told him she had to go potty at some point. It's cute. She says "po-py" and does a little crotch grab.

I probably walked the length of the walmart store four times just trying to go shopping and take the baby to the potty. Not to mention the sprint across the house to keep the baby from flushing legos down the potty. Something plugged the toilet the other day, and required plunging. I'm just hopeful that whatever it was, it wasn't valuable. Add assorted other potty related adventures and I'm out of energy. I went over my calories by 73 today, but I'm not worried though, because I have no earthly clue how to account for in the log what I burned during potty training.
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Quote:
    BTW-she took interest at 17 months and usually makes poopy in the potty, so no, it's not too early.

i don;t think it's to early, my mom had me completely potty trained and out of diapers by 16 months. a naeighbor just recently got her daughter fully potty trained and she just turned 4, :sick: so i say YOU GO GIRL!
  • purplepanda
    purplepanda Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For the exercise it sounds like you could log it as walking at least.

For a while at work we had a website where we could log food eaten and activities (not nearly as helpful as this site is) but it had a category called housework that credited about 5 calories a minute. If you think that has merit you could create a custom exercise so you get credit for your effort.

Good luck with the potty training
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    *smacks forehead*

Purple that's a great idea! I think I'll do that right now...:smile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I have a son who just turned 2 1/2. Now, I never start potty-training (I have 9 kids) until they're 2 1/2, finding it to be the "magic age." I did try it once earlier, and it was horrific.

So, anyway-- I had no intention of potty-training Josh yet, because my life is complete chaos. I have a home typing job and truly I haven't had the time to even think of it.

Josh, a VERY free-spirited young lad, extremely high maintenance and industrious runs into the bathroom last month one morning after he woke up shouting, "I gotta go potty." He whipped off his dry diaper (???) and proceeded to pee. 10 minutes later, he did it again, and pooped on the potty-- he's only had one poopy accident since then, and one or two minor pee-pee incidents, and that's it. The boy potty-trained himself and has the cutest little "Transformer" underwear I've ever seen. WE stood there slack-jawed as this young man took this issue on himself, and decided no more diapers-- go figure.
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    "I gotta go potty." He whipped off his dry diaper (???) and proceeded to pee. 10 minutes later, he did it again, and pooped on the potty-- he's only had one poopy accident since then, and one or two minor pee-pee incidents, and that's it. The boy potty-trained himself and has the cutest little "Transformer" underwear I've ever seen. WE stood there slack-jawed as this young man took this issue on himself, and decided no more diapers-- go figure.

thats pretty much what my mom said happened to me. were special kids :glasses: