New and a little scared

Options
mazzmoo
mazzmoo Posts: 70 Member
Just thought I'd say hi!
So I'm new and must admit I have never done this whole dieting publically before...kind of scary :|
Must admit I need major motivation!

Fingers Crossed :)

Replies

• cbaines74
    cbaines74 Posts: 77
    Options
    Welcome!!! It is great here!! I felt the same way at first, but now I am so thankful I did it !! A lot of motivation and encouragement on MFP!! Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck!
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place to get motivation from, I've never kept at it as long as I have sine joining here. I find it helps me to think of it not as a diet, but as a lifestyle change. After all, if you lose the weight and then go right back to eating how you were before then you're going to put it all back on.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    You can do it, everybody is on your side here! Feel free to add me for support! :)
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    No need to be scared. So far everyone here has been been very supportive and I don't foresee that changing anytime soon.
    Welcome and best of luck to you.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    People on this site are incredibly supportive and friendly. You'll make plenty of friends here and they'll encourage and cheer you on in everything! :)
    Ive just passed my 25th day logging on to MFP and that really says something, since I usually ditch within the week.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Just thought I'd say hi!
    So I'm new and must admit I have never done this whole dieting publically before...kind of scary :|
    Must admit I need major motivation!

Fingers Crossed :)

I know how you feel!!! Just know we were all scared to do this. But it is amazing what the public display of honesty will give you in terms of motivation and support returned!!!

You can do this and we will be here for you as much as you want us to be...
    Sending a friend request your way!
    C.J.
  • cassieday
    cassieday Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Its not so bad!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this site! Seriously, has been such a lifesaver because not only did it help me see what i was really putting into my body, it gave me the support from others that i needed to keep going. Whenever i got close to quiting people would always push me to keep going. If you need an accountability
  • cassieday
    cassieday Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Its not so bad!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this site! Seriously, has been such a lifesaver because not only did it help me see what i was really putting into my body, it gave me the support from others that i needed to keep going. Whenever i got close to quiting people would always push me to keep going. If you need an accountability buddy fee; free to add me. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    welcome! just do it.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The really nice thing about this site is that even though it's "public" I can say things here that I wouldn't say to my family and friends about how I'm feeling and what's going on with my journey towards better health and fitness. You'll find that everyone here is very supportive and you'll find lots of people who have gone through, or are going through, the same things you are and can offer some really good advice.
  • babs81
    babs81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Same here I have used this app before but never had friends until today I am hoping it's going to help :-)
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This a sitre where you will find supportive people who are on the journey with you. It's been a great site. Good luck on your journey,
  • LaurieJAndrews
    LaurieJAndrews Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I felt the same and its the best thing I ever did. This is the only thing to ever keep me on track. If only I'd known how simple, and FREE it was before.

If you need buddies to cheer you on, feel free to add me.

You will love the site. Its addictive.

Good luck.
    x
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...this is a great site and great people for motivation on here too!! Good luck to you!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone has said! Also, no need to cross your fingers, because YOU are in charge of your success here! There's no luck involved! Just keep logging your food and exercise and you'll see results.

Glad you're here!
  • debdene
    debdene Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place! good luck
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am new here too, just hit my 1 week mark. I love this place, lots of support, awesome tools (the recipe builder is my favorite) easy to maintain and a little bit addicting :)

You can do it!
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    About 5 years ago this website helped me lose 40 lbs! I then had a child, and WAY FELL OFF! I came back to lose 100+ and I'm 4 weeks in. I really love this site, and I'm sure you will too. It is easy to navigate and you will find so many friends on here who are willing to motivate you.

Keep at it, you can do it.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you need it!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    The public part of it really helps keep me on track, especially since everyone here is VERY supportive. You can do it!
  • pnkdrake
    pnkdrake Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I'm fairly new to MFP. I have been logging for a few weeks. It was recommended to introduce myself to get positive feedback.
    I have been fighting with weight all my life, now I'm fighting for my life. I aim to lose 100lbs, no time limit. I am too laid back in my Self-Discipline. I am looking forward to sharing