Sore Muscle: NEED HELP!

southernstrix
southernstrix Posts: 17
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
My left side from my waist down has been so sore the last two days and I gave myself yesterday off but got back to things today. it felt HORRIBLE working out and I couldn't finish as much as I had planned because of it. I need recommendations of what to do. I am trying to up my intake of water to help, and I stretched it after working out as well as massaging it whenever I get the chance, but this is the first time this has happened and I don't want to stop because of it. :(

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    hot bath will help
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Work the opposite muscle, it actually will stretch out the muscle that is sore. If its your whole leg that hurts than I would do lots of stretching and just do a lighter weight and take it easy until your legs feel better. Your muscle are swollen and they need time to adjust to a workout. Drink plenty of fluids! Hope that helps!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    streaching it out... do the arch or streach out over a yoga ball.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    My trainer uses a foam roller to stretch me after a work out so my muscles don't get sore. It's effective to loosen tight muscles!
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Post work out drink.....very little soreness and more energy you will be raring to go back again. I swear by it. :)
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    hot bath with epsom salts, and the instructor in my exercise class today just said if you are sore after working out, you need to up your water intake - that will help prevent it.
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    I pulled a muscle in my back last week and have been struggling with something similar... try upper body workouts for the cal burn until the leg/waist/hip/whathaveyou feels up to the challenge. Working it out if it's super painful can only hurt the muscle more or lengthen the time required to heal. Personally, I've been doing lighter workouts (easy yoga, dancing, long walks with the dog) instead of the 30DS and hour of tennis I usually do until the back is healed up. :)
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    If your muscle(s) are that sore that is your body's way of telling you to back off just a bit. Yes everyone gets sore but if it's really bothering you than you should try to do another exercise for 2 days or so. Make sure you do stretch, drink lots of water, and have protein and carbs after every workout. Jillian's triple chocolate meltdown whey protein with almond milk is delicious. You should have it 45-60 minutes after a workout in a time that is considered the golden hour for you muscles to take in what they need after working out. Don't push yourself to hard or you may be sore a lot longer. I am always an advocate for a hot bath! :)
This discussion has been closed.