What?? No Diet Soda?

Options

Replies

• anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I will be starting my "no diet soda" next week. I am not looking forward to it. When I'm having my tasty popcorn snack, water doesn't sound like a good mix. Is Perrier ok? I only drink the diet soda for the carbonation. I know Perrier is high in sodium but I am always under in that category and have really low blood pressure anyways. Hope the withdrawal headache doesn't last long.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!! That really is a great accomplishment for sure!!!!
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    LOL regarding the person who posted about the beer!! hahaha
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
  • suzieatkinson
    Options
    it has fake sugar in it and that sweetener makes you crave sweets and makes you hungry. I heard that drinking regular soda is actually better for you.

I am no doctor or scientist but that is purely what I have heard.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    How come Diet Soda is so bad?
    I will let someone else tell you all the bad things it does to the body, even though it has zero calories, it has all the bad chemicals.......Not saying I will stop completely forever, because there are certain foods I will want one with (going to the movies and having a big *kitten* bucket of popcorn for example...... I need my mini-keg of Coke Zero to go along with it!)..... BUT, i am going to try and stick this out as long as I can one day at a time... its my little thing to break my dependency on...... when I want one as a treat I will have it..... but for now, I am shooting for 1 month without and see where it takes me.............
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Your kidneys will thank you.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Options
    i'm just starting that journey i'm in 3 days now with no pepsi max my headaches have started today though i hope they dont last too long!!
    I feel ya.... my headaches started day 3 too..... but on day 4 I felt great....... hope that happens for you too
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Options
    Good work!

Day 14 here with no soda. :glasses:
    Woo Hoo! Then this post is both of our celebration!! Congrats to you too! :drinker: :drinker:
  • AdamATGATT
    Options
    Just calculated it up...185 (and counting) days without a soda.

Not even a rum and coke.

I don't think any of you understand how much that last one hurts. :sad:
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Ok.. Time to try and go on without Diet Soda.
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    well done! i'm on day 3, fun headache today! i've not actually thought about it other than that though which pleases me. i'm not going for a total ban, because i'll want one with alcohol at some point, and cinema like someone said, but as a rare treat rather than a daily drink.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Options

Not even a rum and coke.

OK, great record there....... I am happy and sad for you at the same time..... I love my Captain & Coke! Gonna miss that........ :sad: :sad:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking soda too awhile ago just due to it being expensive, kept me bloated and for some reason it makes me sweat???? Like a cold sweat of sticky grossness. I'm one that NEVER sweats, even when I work out, and when I wake up in the morning I go straight for the shower as I can't function for more then 5 minutes of being "unshowered". So... THANKFULLY the benefits for me are few far and between but if someone offers me a soda I will be polite and take one. Only if I absolutely have no other choice or feel it really fits the meal (popcorn/hotdogs/hamburger ect).

If I yearn for a fizzy flavor which I do rarely I will purchase a fizzy water! Best of both worlds. :) Not sure if very healthy but helps satisfy that random craving.
  • tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great job....that's my next goal...once I meet a weight mini goal (I still want that crutch for just a lil longer!) lol. One thing at a time! I've gone a year without it before...but that was before I started REALLY drinking it.
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    YEAH for you! I am still battling my DC habit. I only have one a day but I know that even one is not so good, but atleast it isn't the 2 or 3 liters that I used to drink in a day I replaced that with water. :)

I am beggining to think that quitting smoking is going to be easier. LOL totally kidding there!
  • jenny7912
    jenny7912 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did the same. I gave up soda for lent and have not gone back. I can't believe it i thought it would have been harder than what it was! I feel soo much better!
  • Daisydeedee
    Options
    Ok so what about the flavored carbonated waters? Is that fall into the same category? Hennce the fact they are sugar free and zero calories. Or is it the same as a diet soda minus colored syrup? I too like many of you sometimes like that fizz. I'm really working hard on just drinking water and crystal light or Powerade Sugar free of course.
  • AdamATGATT
    Options

Not even a rum and coke.

OK, great record there....... I am happy and sad for you at the same time..... I love my Captain & Coke! Gonna miss that........ :sad: :sad:

I shall begin work on a spiced non-soda drink that will mimic the flavor profile of Coke. For the sake of humanity.
  • xxjacqueline
    xxjacqueline Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am attempting the same thing. But I haven't made it as long as you have. Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!