This Might Sound Gross But...

Options
....if you throw up, should you count the calories of what you've eaten or take them out of the diary? Before anyone makes any assumptions, I'm not bulimic, I just have a case of the flu and whatever I eat comes up. I'm currently very hungry and don't know if I should eat more or count everything even though it didn't stay in my system. Any ideas?

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Take a break from logging any food until this passes and keep yourself hydrated..I dont think you should be logging input or output at this time..there is no way to tell what really comes out....Jello,Ginger-Ale, Saltines, Fruit, Applesauce..good things to try
  • Lullaby_Melodia
    Lullaby_Melodia Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be dieting if you are ill... just eat what ever you feel you can. Once you are well again then continue with counting the calories.
  • PeaceMe
    PeaceMe Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    If you throw up count everything that you ate. However, if I were sick I would listen to my body and give it what it needs to recover. I wouldn't log until I was well and healthy again. Feel Better Soon!
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    no! continue to log it.
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Take a break from logging any food until this passes and keep yourself hydrated
    I second that. The log won't be accurate, because you body will probably have absorbed/digested some of what you ate by the time you throw it back up.
  • jessie580
    jessie580 Posts: 87
    Options
    stop logging!

your body has already absorbed the calories, so it doesn't matter.

take a break until you're feeling better please.
    :)
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    It depends on how soon after you eat that you get sick.....but like many others have said. Take a short break from logging, give your body plenty of rest, and fluids!
  • Vmsunderland
    Options
    Honest answer? lets say you eat a hole sandwich and throw the entire thing up..... your body already absorbed some of those calories (about 40%)