Awesome snack tip...

Options
Ladydi1982
Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
Awesome tip I read in a recent Everyday w Rachael Ray magazine:

At the beginning of the week, buy red, yellow, orange & green bell peppers, cucumbers & carrots. Slice each and then divide evenly between 5 ziploc bags & store in fridge. Grab and go snacks ready to take to work everyday.

I did this and also bought some almonds and divided them into 5 bags of 23 almonds (1 oz) to take along with the veggies. Eat some with lunch and there's enough to have for an afternoon snack later.

What are some of your favorite grab & go snacks? :happy:

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    coolio~
  • iknowicaniknowican
    Options
    Wondeful tip ! Thanks . Do you mix the peppers and cucumber and carrots together in a ziplock or does each veggie get its own bag ?
  • Ladydi1982
    Options
    Wondeful tip ! Thanks . Do you mix the peppers and cucumber and carrots together in a ziplock or does each veggie get its own bag ?

I actually mixed them all up and later was afraid that the taste of the peppers would mix onto the cucumbers and carrots, but to my surprise they didn't :happy: I've been snacking on them off and on for the past hour or so and the flavors are still not mixed! This also saves on plastic bags! :flowerforyou:
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Nice tip! I also like string cheese (80-ish calories) when I'm on the run, or 2 caramel rice cakes sandwiched with 1 T of peanut butter between them (about 200 cals) is breakfast with a piece of fruit.
  • Ladydi1982
    Options
    Nice tip! I also like string cheese (80-ish calories) when I'm on the run, or 2 caramel rice cakes sandwiched with 1 T of peanut butter between them (about 200 cals) is breakfast with a piece of fruit.

Great idea! thanks! :flowerforyou: