Does any other guy not want to....

Options
drop below 200lbs? Sure I know I need to lose weight and this is a ways off for me but I really don't ever want to be below 200lbs. I have a pretty muscular frame so unless I lose a bunch of muscle, which I don't want to do I shouldn't worry about it. Honestly the best body I can remember having was the end of my senior year of football and I was at about 265lbs. I can live with being 215-235lbs but I just cant imagine being in the 190's. Just wondering if anyone else thinks the same way.

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Nah, Im 6'0" and want to be around 180 and then bulk from there.
  • clhiter
    clhiter Posts: 74
    Options
    I am 6'1. Would like to be fit/low body fat under 200, but doubt I will make it. So if I can be fit/healthy and energetic at 200-205 that is good for me.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    I don't want to but the military height weight standards make me. I am 6'0' 167 right now.
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Yea no way man!!! My BMI says I should be 194 and I think of myself another 30 pounds less and its not a pretty sight at all! I will be completely happy being considered overweight on my BMI and keep some muscle. The trainer I work out with is a 100 pounds over his BMI with a 12% body fat. A bit over kill for me but who wants to be a bean pole.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    <<<<< I'm 6' 1" and ripped up at 168 lbs... I love this weight... So much more flexibility.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,223 Member
    Options
    I guess that really depends on how tall you are. I am quite content under 200 but am only 5'10" and should probably be between 160 and 180 depending on how much muscle I build.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Well I am 5'9 and started out at 230 so I was a little fat f**ker! I want to get to 190 minimum. I too have a muscular frame, but had too much gut to go with it. I feel I can be very fit and muscular at 185-190.... not to mention how good I will feel!

Good luck to you bro!
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    Not that I can really have an opinion on the matter, but I don't see anything wrong with it. I know it sucks in the military because we got big dudes who are in good shape, but get kicked out for not meeting weight standards. They can pass the physical tests and everything.
  • tmonsta617
    tmonsta617 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm looking to land at 210 when all is said and done. It'll still be a 55 pound loss. I'm 6 ft by the way. I'm also diabetic so my goal is to be HEALTHY more then it is to be THIN.
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the opposite. I don't want to be over 200. But then again, I can't have too much when doing tris or distance running/cycling.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you feel, the shape you are in and how tall you are. If an old gal's opinion means anything.:wink:
  • Dee1006
    Dee1006 Posts: 37
    Options
    my husband is only 5'9" and i love him at 210ish. I could not imagine him in the 170'S. I think it also may be the body frame.
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My brother is about the same height as I am. He lost weight a few years ago and looked sickly at 190 pounds. I am a little over 6 feet tall and I think I have settled on 225 for my goal weight. I am pretty sure that the BMI chart will still have me in the Obese range, or just slightly below it, but I don't really care what it says.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    My husband is 6ft 1, about 190 to 195 and I wouldn't want him over 200 pounds...perfect the way he is.
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    I think it depends on the guy. My boyfriend is 6'1 and last he weighed in he was 247lbs BUT he works out 6 times a week and does serious lifting so it is almost all muscle. Guys can get away with weighing over 200 as long as it's more muscle than fat!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Men with some meat are sexy, if you look and feel great the number doesn't matter. :)
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    My husband would look sick if he did, he's 6'3 and about 275 right now and only has about 20lbs of fat on him. He's over the military weight but passes the tape test (measuring). Most of him is muscle <3
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 foot as well, so being 210 is too much for me.

OP you must be pretty tall.
  • cmstaley1
    cmstaley1 Posts: 32
    Options
    I guess that really depends on how tall you are. I am quite content under 200 but am only 5'10" and should probably be between 160 and 180 depending on how much muscle I build.

I am 6' 2" tall. I guess I will know when I get there it's just a weird mental block.