Sure fire Hic-up Cure

Options
My father actually had to go to the hospital once, for Hic-ups. He had them for 10 days, and could not eat or drink. He was a big guy,and when he hic-upped his whole diaphragm would move up. He got them after going on a drinking binge. Dr's and nurses trying everything, including their moms cures.

One tablespoon of peanut butter is all it takes. Gets rid of them every time. I do suggest the creamy and not crunchy though.

Just wanted to pass it along. As I hate the things when I get them, and run to the kitchen for my peanut butter right away.

Replies

• RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I just had the hiccups today too, lol, wish I would have known this.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Not everytime :( Or at least, not for every person.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    Also, sitting up straight, stretching your left arm upward as high as you can, then bending it at the elbow and resting your forearm on your head.

No kidding.

I blow people away with this all the time. It sounds so unbelievable. XD But it works!
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    A spoonful of sugar works too..although probably not the best cure for people on here lol. Seriously I thought it was crap when my grandmother told me but it has worked every time.
  • mhoward48
    mhoward48 Posts: 26
    Options
    Maybe not for every person. I do not know anyone personally it has not worked for though. It has been successful for me for over 13 years now, and did work every time. So, I thought it would be a good thing to share.
  • mhoward48
    mhoward48 Posts: 26
    Options
    Have not tired that one. Will give it a shot next time.
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    My parents used to tell me to hold my breath and count to 20 million. I wonder if that could could could could could could could could could be my problem......
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I take a deep breath and hold it for as long as I can.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Taking about 9 small sips of water usually helps me!