TurboFire

Options
Hey everyone,

I am new to fitnesspal and my goal is to lose 32 pounds! I have not set a time limit for myself because I want to do this in a healthy way that won't alter my lifestyle dramatically because in the past I have lost 15 pounds quickly through low carb diets etc and gained it back so easily because I introduced carbs back into my diet. Anyways, I have been doing some TurboFire workouts (like P90X if no one has heard of TurboFire) but I am not sure how to put this into my exercise. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    When you go into your exercise just go to create new exercise, although with that you need to know how many calories you have burned. So if you have a heart rate monitor then your good to go if not I'm not sure what you have to do to log them. I do Turbo Fire also and love it!!!!!!!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    best to use a heart rate monitor or you could try aerobics i just use my hrm for it
  • fadedflower79
    fadedflower79 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I spent a half hour adding them all to my exercises! I tried to figure out a way to post them to be used and shared by others but I don't see how... if someone tells me how I can add my workouts for others to use...
    I do not have a HRM (but I really need one) so I guestimate my calories at 10 calories for every intense minute of cardio and I am just hoping I actually burned more and not less!
  • bakersduzin
    bakersduzin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Search for kickboxing under cardiovascular exercises. I use that as sort of a guideline, but a heart rate monitor would be more accurate. Have fun with TurboFire!! I'm just getting ready to start my 3rd week and I love it!
  • wells98
    wells98 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also love Beach Body products and have done P90X and am now doing Insanity. I got the hear rate monitor and would definately try one, it's great to see how many calories you have burned during the work outs. I'm sure w/ Turbo Fire it will be a lot too :) I had to get my diet on track because w/ all the working out I've done I have only lost 3 lbs since January. Now I'm hoping to lose 15 lbs in the next 2-3 months. Good Luck!!
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    I suggest getting a HRM,I got mine at Sports Authorty for $100.I am also doing TF and I was amazed at how mane more calories I was REALLY burning.At first I was logging my Fire as Caridovascalur Kickboxing (Including Turbo Jam),and my HIIT as Aerobics High impact.Hope this helps :smile:
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I found a heart rate monitor on walmart.com for around 86 dollars that I want hubby to buy me for my birthday. It comes with a chest strap and the watch, that way you don't have to stop during your exercise to take your heart rate like I do now!!!
  • daniedee81
    daniedee81 Posts: 155
    Options
    i agree with everyone - HRM is the way to go because each day and each workout is a different burn based on how intense you are for that workout. I actually got this HRM ring which is 90% accurate for only $30. Eventually, I'll probably invest in a better HRM but for now, this one does the trick. It really helps to know how many calories you burn so that you can adjust your nutrition accordingly.